Christmas Recipes

I've been assigned to make some yummy appetizers and desserts this Christmas and I'm trying to make them as healthy as possible :smile:
So anyone who's got delicious Christmas recipes please share!!!

Replies

• MagnaSky
    MagnaSky Posts: 93 Member
    I love making fruit kabobs and chocolate covered strawberries.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Screw that! :bigsmile:

I'm going to be good leading up to Christmas, and after, but for a couple of days I'm going to have giant servings of calorie dense traditional christmas pudding, drowned in brandied custard!

It's the one time of year I get to have it (its my wife's slow (8 hour) steamed pudding) and it is superb.
  • mindyjo74
    mindyjo74 Posts: 68 Member
    I agree allow yourself to splurge! LOL
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    one of our family favorites: ham slices with a little cream cheese spread on it (use the reduced fat ones) and wrap it around a pickled asparagus. I usually cut them in half, and put a toothpick through them- but our whole family loves them. I usually make them the day before and just keep them refridgerated. it also helps to get whipped cream cheese, or whip it yourself, to make it easier to spread.

another one is the "cheese ball" - our family one is 1 pkg of cream cheese (use the reduced fat) and 1 package of Uncle Dan's Ranch, mix it up really well, shape into a ball. My family usually then rolls it in crushed walnuts, but to make it healthier, and also because I'm allergic to walnuts, I roll it in crushed triscuit crackers. serve with crackers and veggies.