For anyone questioning why they are doing this...

Options
...there is literally no other option. When I'm feeling fat, bloated, unsure, whatever, I tell myself this:

THERE.IS.NO.OTHER.OPTION.

Why?

When I was restricting my calories, (or trying to), I was not successful.
When I am hungry, I am miserable.
I cannot have a social life and eat 1200 calories a day.
I cannot exercise (and not feel like death) on 1200 calories a day.
When I am 70 years old, when I fall on an icy sidewalk I do not want to break my hip because I have bones with the density of a sponge. (Then get MRSA in the hospital because my immune system is shot).
I cannot live a life where the only way to NOT gain weight is to literally starve.
I need to be fully present in my job and for my family and friends.
I need a body I can count on.

Starvation diets are DAY-TO-DAY SURVIVAL. Eating and exercising for health is forever, and I'm excited.

Replies

• Gapwedge01
    Options
    Nicely said.
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    Ahh, I needed to hear this. I keep bouncing back and forth... I love this notion of eating more to weigh less. But I keep getting discouraged when I'm not losing any weight... so therefore, I have decided to go on a faithful TDEE metabolism reset and push through it. So therefore, I can eat more and really start to weigh less.
  • jkay123
    jkay123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Very well put!
  • amanda_gent
    amanda_gent Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Yes!!!
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Been rough lately. Needed this.
  • catti41
    catti41 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    thank you, it's good be reminded about our long term benefits!
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    ...there is literally no other option. When I'm feeling fat, bloated, unsure, whatever, I tell myself this:

THERE.IS.NO.OTHER.OPTION.

Why?

When I was restricting my calories, (or trying to), I was not successful.
    When I am hungry, I am miserable.
    I cannot have a social life and eat 1200 calories a day.
    I cannot exercise (and not feel like death) on 1200 calories a day.
    When I am 70 years old, when I fall on an icy sidewalk I do not want to break my hip because I have bones with the density of a sponge. (Then get MRSA in the hospital because my immune system is shot).
    I cannot live a life where the only way to NOT gain weight is to literally starve.
    I need to be fully present in my job and for my family and friends.
    I need a body I can count on.

Starvation diets are DAY-TO-DAY SURVIVAL. Eating and exercising for health is forever, and I'm excited.

I like you :flowerforyou:
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I love this!

My 6 year old daughter asked me why I'm exercising everyday even when it's so hard.

I told her that making my muscles stronger, will also help my bones stay strong and keep me safe and healthy until I'm really old.

I never use the words "fat", "skinny", "ugly", "diet" around my kids...they know that some people are obviously bigger than others, and they know that not eating healthy food can make our bellies and bodies grow bigger in places they shouldn't be growing. My daughter likes to watch me do my 30 DS workouts - she even does a few pushups/planks/jumping jacks with me, we also love to share slices of pizza and caesar salad when we go out shopping together - or have an ice cream cone, because living is a permanent state.
  • beautifulswan1
    beautifulswan1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. :smile:
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    So good! Thank you! :)
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I love this!

My 6 year old daughter asked me why I'm exercising everyday even when it's so hard.

I told her that making my muscles stronger, will also help my bones stay strong and keep me safe and healthy until I'm really old.

I never use the words "fat", "skinny", "ugly", "diet" around my kids...they know that some people are obviously bigger than others, and they know that not eating healthy food can make our bellies and bodies grow bigger in places they shouldn't be growing. My daughter likes to watch me do my 30 DS workouts - she even does a few pushups/planks/jumping jacks with me, we also love to share slices of pizza and caesar salad when we go out shopping together - or have an ice cream cone, because living is a permanent state.

This brought tears to my eyes. I love, love, love that people are passing this along to their kids. That will change the world!!
  • McAlyna
    McAlyna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    100% agreed! Thanks for posting this. :flowerforyou:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Wonderful
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Totally agree :flowerforyou:
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    I love this!

This brought tears to my eyes. I love, love, love that people are passing this along to their kids. That will change the world!!

This is wonderful. I really hope that when I have kids to follow in your foot steps.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Huge LIKE!