Check-in

Options
bogden78
bogden78 Posts: 172 Member
So where is everyone at? Just completed day 6 and it's definitely getting better. I am a little concerned as I've lost no weight, my official weigh-in isn't until tues, but the scale isn't moving. When I was just doing the treadmill and bike it was coming off, but now with the cardio I know I am building muscle and feel stronger but I still want to lose weight. I want to see this through to the end as I've never actually finished the 30DS before. I just hope to lose some lbs. as well.

Replies

• cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, Bogden78, though it is opposite for me. I finally saw some movement on the scale today that cardio alone hasn't been giving me over the last couple of weeks. What I have heard with 30DS is that weight loss isn't huge but visible results & inches really show. My weight loss chart looks like an ECG so I wouldn't be surprised if it bumps up a little again tomorrow, though. :( Just have to think about building that muscle.

Finished Day 5 today! Definitely getting better also, but there is still room for improvement. Feeling very good about this program.

And now I am off to the treadmill...
  • schnoomom
    schnoomom Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Didn't do it Saturday or Sunday but am down 1.4 pounds today even after a test batch of holiday cookies and a Christmas party. Tuesdays are my official weigh in day though so we'll see what happened. I am less worried about the scale week to week as long as I am losing overall every month. But the scale didn't move for 2 weeks so maybe last week's effort on 30DS helped.
  • Meliss0814
    Options
    I'm done with day 6! If I get it done in the morning it's much easier for me. Down another 1lbs!
  • swinfrey16
    Options
    No movement in the scale last week, but today was my official weigh-in. It was ugly. :( I guess I know I need to work a litle harder on the weekends.
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I havent lost anything yet either, but last time i only lost about 5lbs but i lost inches!! and to me ill take the inches becuase you can see the difference :) I got up early this morning to work out since i will be gone on a village trip for work next week im going to do the work out 2x a day this week so i dont fall too far behind all of you when im gone for a week.
  • cjsacto
    Options
    I guess my weigh in would be tomorrow since I started on Tues, but I am on a small down fluctuation so I would like to post it today. :)

Starting:
    12/4: 189.5
    waist: 36

Current:
    12/10: 188.0
    waist: 34

1.5 pounds down. I have also been doing a lot of low-impact cardio all week. I did the 3500+ Calorie Burned Challenge and exercised a total burn of 7,000 calories last week! I couldn't eat all those calories back so I also ate quite a bit under my net calorie goal every day.

Waist: 1" to 2 " lost (I see somewhere else I measured my waist at 35" two weeks ago so I am not sure that 36" was correct.). I am only measuring my natural waist (belly button) and not all the other areas.

I haven't done the 30DS yet today. When I do, it will by my 7th.
  • schnoomom
    Options
    Just did my first level 1 session with 3 pound weights. I did the first 5 days without weights. Whew. It was harder but I think I'll move to level 2 later this week.
  • cjsacto
    Options
    Finished Day 8, all in a row. And yet, I am still going too slow on the second set up push-ups and during the two-min cardio in the middle I get cramps in my shins during the second set of jumping jacks and drop out for the last ten seconds or so... but I pick it back up to do the last jumprope. Funny, I don't really have a problem with the two-minute cardio towards the end of the video.

I need to improve that and push to do 100% - BUT here's something that made me feel so much better. Check out the video at 12:31 (mine is on YouTube but I think it matches the DVD). When the camera is on the woman in green doing the less intense forward lunges, the tall woman who is doing the deeper lunges (Natalie?) goes two reps without doing them at all! LOL, take a look! It is not hard only for us.

So I am going to try to do better but I am not going to beat myself up for not doing the whole workout perfectly. :tongue:
  • schnoomom
    Options

So I am going to try to do better but I am not going to beat myself up for not doing the whole workout perfectly. :tongue:

Excellent attitude. Just doing it and trying your best is terrific.
  • bogden78
    bogden78 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 8, all in a row. And yet, I am still going too slow on the second set up push-ups and during the two-min cardio in the middle I get cramps in my shins during the second set of jumping jacks and drop out for the last ten seconds or so... but I pick it back up to do the last jumprope. Funny, I don't really have a problem with the two-minute cardio towards the end of the video.

I need to improve that and push to do 100% - BUT here's something that made me feel so much better. Check out the video at 12:31 (mine is on YouTube but I think it matches the DVD). When the camera is on the woman in green doing the less intense forward lunges, the tall woman who is doing the deeper lunges (Natalie?) goes two reps without doing them at all! LOL, take a look! It is not hard only for us.

I made sure to pay attentino last night, and you are totally right. She just moves her arms. I've never noticed that before, lol!