Air National Guard

Options
jmxxiiii
jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
Considering joining the ANG in a few months, the weight is literally falling off of me. I let go of my reserve career because my husband (now former) was getting orders all the time to PCS, it was too difficult to move around from base to base. But now that our divorce is final, and I'll be relocating eventually, I'm starting to think returning to my career is a good plan. Does the guard vary from state? I was in the Reserve but I have no desire to be apart of the reserves ever again. I was TMO (Air Force) and would like to retrain into a more in demand career field and more in line with civilian line of work (corrections officer)

Thank you for any feed back!

Replies

• Talon130
    Options
    I Just moved from active duty (16 yrs) to the MIANG... Its been been a definate change but not a bad one. The gaurd is fun, and much more laid back. where are you looking to join at?
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I Just moved from active duty (16 yrs) to the MIANG... Its been been a definate change but not a bad one. The gaurd is fun, and much more laid back. where are you looking to join at?

Somewhere in Texas, Houston or San Antonio area! I'm moving back to Texas from Nevada to become a corrections officer :) Thanks for the response! I did 5 years in the reserve, it was alright.
  • Talon130
    Options
    well if you need any advice or got a question, message me, good luck!
  • rampantpiper
    rampantpiper Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just moved from NYANG to SCANG. I passed my PT test last month but BARELY. Abdominal circumfrence is at 39 inches and that needs to change. I am 47 years old, but I am tired of using my age as an excuse. I need three more years for my 20 year letter. I don't want to be embarrassed how my uniform looks anymore. Unfortunately, it seems to be common in the Air National Guard for members my age to loose control of their fitness. I hope I can keep motivated.