Indian Food after WLS?

Options
veggibus
veggibus Posts: 34 Member
Has anyone had any luck with eating Indian food after WLS?

I'm still in the mushy food stage and am trying to think of some ideas for going out to dinner with my Husband.
Most Indian foods are the right texture since they are often cooked in sauces - I'm just wondering about the fat content. Obviously, Chicken Tikka Masala or anything else cooked in a cream sauce would be a bad idea... but what about some of the other dishes?

So, can anyone recommend a good dish?

Thanks!

Replies

• annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Haven't had Indian food--none available anywhere in this area, but I have had no problem eating anything really. I am a sucker for spicy, saucy foods. I mean really spicy--habaneros, jalapenos, ghost chiles. I try to avoid fats for obvious reasons, but still have had no trouble there. Everyone is different and many people do have trouble with these things. I figure all you can do is try. As for the Indian food, I would love to try some. Good luck on your journey!
  • 13turtles
    13turtles Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My mom had the sleeve about a year ago, and she does eat Indian food. She stays with things like Saag Paneer (the spinach and indian cheese dish), and any of the veggie dishes (like Bharta - eggplant). She avoids rice, naan, and anything with chicken since while it is in a sauce, it is often to dry for her. She did say that for items that were once her favorites, like a Chicken Tikki Masala, she will just get a bit of the sauce.
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have had it. YUM.. I just made sure I had the right portions (I could eat it all the time) and made sure I had moist meat. Slow and chew. I also don't have a problem with Mexican either.

Have fun.