Martial arts friends

Options
2»

Replies

• kmck36
    kmck36 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Add me to this group. i still train, can't get it out my system, lately been teaching self defence,, managed to naster it after 30 years... might even do a you tube video ifi get enough request... be a wee bit rough but people might pick up a few life saving tips and moves

k
  • rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have some folks that train. When I was a kid I practiced Kenpo Karate and competed quite a bit until high school. 20 some odd years later I found bjj and have been hooked for the last 3 1/2 years adding in judo and kickboxing as well. BJJ and watching my diet took me from 265lbs down to 190-195lbs. Since then I've been able to get down to 185lbs and as low as 175 this past year to compete in a NAGA gi and no gi tournament. Please add me if you're an avid martial artist who posts and/or logs daily. Thanks.
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    It is nice having friends who don't think you are weird for liking to kick stuff !

Exactly! Everyone makes me feel like a weirdo for having a black belt. I love it.
  • Alanhalil
    Alanhalil Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I haven't been on MFP for long but I log daily. I'm looking for others who love sparring etc. Feel free to add me :)

I trained Shotokan Karate for a couple of years as a kid, recently quit Wing Tsun Kung Fu which I did for under 4 years. Currently practicing Sanshou kickboxing, which I started over a year ago. Currently training towards my first novice competition in March.
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Sanshou is awesome, good luck!
  • JBuck1914
    JBuck1914 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I believe Jessica asked what is Krav Maga? I currently train in Krav Maga and have trained in Aikido and Hapkido over the years. Hopefully this website will give you some insight. Take care.

http://www.kravmaga.com/
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Just starting over with KAJUKENBO (and also BJJ, Judo, Wrestling and Escrima).

Add me if you wish!
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Add me! I currently do tang so do, :-)
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I specialize in bar fights with a focus on bloodletting. It's not pretty, but it gets the job done.
  • captainheadkick
    captainheadkick Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I'm a 2nd degree black belt (freestyle, gojo ryu base) currently training in muay thai and bjj.

Love to connect!