possible purple belt advancment

Options
LordBear
LordBear Posts: 239 Member
so... at class today..mary my instructor told me that she had a talk with mr. bailey the head of this tkd organization bout me. and said with the work i have put in and so fourth that they would like me to go ahead and go in january to the next belt advancement. which would only put me at purple belt. so i am not sure how that would work... purple now..then next time i go in..be for the red..or for this school..brown? .. not sure... but im guessing if bailey wants me to advance..im thinking he wants to check me out.. i dont know... i know mary would love it... cuz could take me out of transfer status..lol... except i would still kinda be a tranfer. but then i will have title here.. not sure...got a week or so to think on it.

told her that i was kinda wanting to get to where i could do push ups again first. and get my side kicks straitened out. and doing what they are supposed to do.

Replies

• CriosDubh
    CriosDubh Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If your instructor thinks that you are ready to test, then that it is a compliment. However, if you don't think you're ready, then you should wait.

It's hard to be a transfer and starting over in a new style. Too bad you couldn't find a sister school in your new city.

Watch the purple belts and compare their abilities to yours. You may be doing better than you think.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

OT: Have you read Lord of Mountains yet?
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    If your instructor thinks that you are ready to test, then that it is a compliment. However, if you don't think you're ready, then you should wait.
    ^^ exactly this in a nutshell!
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    same style.