The Society's Traitor

Options
Erienneb
Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
Now, I don't read young adult or teen novels all the time. I do find that sometimes I enjoy them because they are quick reads, and you can let your mind take a break between heavier novels. Two of my favorite series geared at this younger demographic are Artemis Fowl and Percy Jackson. Both fantasy, with younger characters, and both well written. The authors don't assume that because their audience is younger they are therefore not intelligent and I like that. Also included would have to be A Series of Unfortunate Events.

I picked up this book, The Society's Traitor, randomly. It's an unknown author, V.K. Finnish, and the publisher Panama Hat Publishing is self owned and small. You can order the book through Amazon or download to the e-reader. It's fantastic! Very much in the same catagory as Percy Jackson, taking a lot of inspiration from the His Dark Materiels series and even LOTR, and a little Percy Jackson. It's written well, the story is cute, and even though it's not geared towards adults, I loved it. Anyone heard of it? I highly reccomend it!

Replies