Where is everyone?

Options
WhiteCloud9
WhiteCloud9 Posts: 113 Member
Did everyone get lost in all of the holiday shuffle? I decided that I need some support and motivation so I came back to this group and no one has posted anything for a month. I liked reading all the posts even if I haven't posted anything of my own in a very long time.

I was doing so well back in August and then I hurt my back. It really messed me up for over two weeks and since then I've been in a downward spiral. The holidays aren't helping, and I don't have anyone to work out with so I turned back to MFP.

I hope you all come back real soon because it's a little lonely in this group right now :(

Merry ChrismaKwanzaKuh

Replies

• Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I've not dropped much since August, but I'm thankful that I maintained what I lost. Life got in the way for me, being sick and then dog-drama and then treadmill issues and and and. I could probably think up a gazillion excuses but none of them are valid :blushing:

Today was the first day in forever I logged my food again.
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    I am here logging and losing still...not making the best choices but life goes on...I have been so swamped at work that the last thing I have been thinking about has been trolling the forums....but I'm still here :)
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm still here...struggling with a bit of holiday and vacation gain...but trying to stay the course.
  • WhiteCloud9
    Options
    Good to see everyone! I know we're all busy at this time of year. I was hoping to begin workouts again last week but I ended up being busier than I thought. I only have a few stocking stuffers left to buy, plus groceries, and then I'm done. I won't have more free time after Christmas is done because my stepsons will be with us until Jan 5th. After that I can fully focus on me and my goals. I just hate that it also coincides with the new year and "resolutions."
  • saihtnyc
    saihtnyc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I dropped off the face of the earth but I'm going to be the cliche who gets motivated with the new year. I have signed up for a half marathon at the end of April and two weight loss challenges, so I'm motivated. I need goals, without a goal this fall I was just doing so-so. I'd lose a few, gain one back, then I basically maintained a while.
  • EndOfCycle
    Options
    Just joined...hope this group become more active again. :)
  • WhiteCloud9
    Options
    I dropped off the face of the earth but I'm going to be the cliche who gets motivated with the new year. I have signed up for a half marathon at the end of April and two weight loss challenges, so I'm motivated. I need goals, without a goal this fall I was just doing so-so. I'd lose a few, gain one back, then I basically maintained a while.

I'm afraid of anything with the word "marathon" but I'm hoping to participate in a 5k. You and I both have a running goal for April so we can keep each other motivated!
  • saihtnyc
    saihtnyc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    A 5K s a great goal! I used to despise running, had all those jokes about "only if someone is chasing me", etc. I started with a 5K about 8-9(?) years ago, a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving one year, and kept going. Now I've done a couple of marathons and a bunch of halfs, but all interspersed before and between having babies. I want to get back into my previous shape!

I should mention when I did that 5K I was overweight, had never run really, and ended up losing 43 pounds through hard work running, exercising, and eating better. Never felt better, then got pregnant with #1.