What are some things that helped you in your weight loss?

Options
I lost 7 kgs this year and have been up and down with 1-2 for the remainder.I've stabilised myself around a certain area and I'm happy with it.

One of the things for me, was I stopped viewing food as an enemy and stopped worrying so much about how much "fat" there was in it, but focused on what's more nutritious. I also stopped worrying about what the number on the scale says, and focused on what my body's weight distribution was by using photos and the way that my clothes fit. I stopped fearing weight,because I realised that even if I pick up, I can always lose it.You just have to find the way that is right for you. I took my focus off of myself, and focused on my health and I gained such emotional freedom. I'm happier and look better now, than I did at even a lighter weight, because I've been taking better care of myself.

I really don't mean to sound preachy, but this really freed me. I'm not as worried about the future either.

I still have the odd sweets, pizza etc . This week alone I've had chocolate and pizza! I just balance it out with my other meals. I don't deprive myself. The major dietary change is that I've stopped using sugar for my tea and in cereals. I use honey for any cereal/porridge/mueseli - I even have it on toast! I've swapped to fat free milk as well.Other than that, I've tried to have a healthy, balanced diet. Some months have been easier than others, but I'm working on it and when life gets hectic, I get back on the horse.

Replies

• TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    They keys to my weight loss success (whether I follow them or not) is way less salt, portion control, no soda or sweet drinks and water, water, water. I can lose weight (surprisingly still at the age of 33) even without constant exercise if I follow these rules. Adding in a few ballet classes a week plus my DVD's or own class at home, I should be golden!!

Now it's just the doing part...
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    For me it's just being consistent. I have to have a clear plan and stick with it other wise I will fail. That's been my problem in the past. I'll get started and then something happens and I just don't get back into it. Now that I have a program that is actually working and it doesn't seem like a "diet" it seems to be doing much better. I have only 1.5 lbs to go before I reach my short term goal before the new year. :happy: I am already wearing jeans I haven't been able to wear in 3 years so MFP and my 30 day shred and a good eating habit is working.
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I need to revise my statement. I'm now only .5 lbs away from my short term goal! WooHoo! I am doing my happy dance today!!! :laugh:
  • Imaan2012
    Imaan2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I need to revise my statement. I'm now only .5 lbs away from my short term goal! WooHoo! I am doing my happy dance today!!! :laugh:

Yihhhaaaa! Good for you!!! Enjoy your sucess!