Week 3 is killing me! Anyone else?

Options
I am really starting to think I suck at this running thing lol

I started running early September and before that I was a total couch potato. Like walking to the mailbox was enough to wear me out.

I ran on my own with no program, just combos of walking and running in intervals. I did two 5k's and came in at 44 min each time. The first race I was just proud that I finished at all but the second time, I expected to do better.

I should be much further along having started back in Sep but I had a really bad ankle injury that set me back at least 3 weeks, probably more.

Anyway, since recovering from my injury I decided I needed a program to follow if I was gonna get a better time in my 5K in January. I was doing well! I was chugging right along knocking the days off weeks 1 and 2 with half my runs on the treadmill and half on the road.

Then week 3 hit me.

I can get through the first 1.5 min interval fine and the first 3 min interval and the next 1.5 min interval goes okay too but that last 3 min run??? OMGGGGG I am thinking of ways I can die in the least embarassing fashion!

I have an average pace of 12:54 over my last 31 runs so I don't think I am like TOTALLY hopeless? So why is week 3 giving me soooo much trouble!?

Has this happened to anyone else? I will never be able to move onto week 4 at this rate, I am repeating week 3 and hoping for a miracle! :frown: