Welcome to my Challenge Group! PLEASE READ

Options
telcochik
telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
I want to welcome you to the Team Seaman Les Mills Combat Challenge Group! We'll officially kick things off on January 7 to ensure that everyone has time to receive their Combat packages but in the meantime, please introduce yourself to the group by stating your first name and the initial of your last name, where you're from, and what you hope to gain as a result of this program. We'll deal with starting weight and measurements as we get closer to our start date. I will need this information to keep track of your progress but, if you're uncomfortable sharing, you do not have to post it to the group. Instead you can PM me and I promise to keep it private.

Let me start by telling you that my name is Sharon S. I'm currently living in Stamford CT. My goals for this program are to lose 10 lbs during the 60 day challenge, recommit to cleaner eating, and fit back into my size 10 jeans.

Full disclosure, I am a Team Beachbody Coach so from time to time I will talk about products and supplements that I use on a daily basis, not for the purpose of selling but because they're things I use as part of my daily regimen. If you are ever interested in learning more about anything, including the Coach opportunity, please PM me and we'll talk offlline.

Replies

• drlaurafsu
    drlaurafsu Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Sharon & ATF!

My name is Laura S. and I live in the Atlanta area. My goals for the 60 day challenge are to get myself of this plateau I've been on for a while and to increase my activity. I had shoulder surgery about 15 months ago and gained back some weight I had previously lost while doing Insanity. I've lost a few pounds but the scale has not really moved much lately. I do better when I am exercising regularly as it also focuses my eating.

My trainer does MMA and my son who is 6 started Tae Kwan Do this fall so I thought it would be fun to add some martial arts type workouts to my routine. And if DS wants to jump in there with me that's good too as the child has so much energy any thing to burn it off is a good thing!
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Cathy R. I live in Northern Colorado. My goals for the 60 day challenge will be to get back on track with healthy eating for more than 2 days in a row... I need to lose weight as well, about 30 lbs. I gained back that 30 in the last year or so... and not happy about it!

While my eating is horrible, I still exercise alot. (but you cant out exercise a bad diet right) its true! I do body combat classes at the gym, I do kickboxing classes with bag and gloves sometimes at another gym, and I do turbo kickboxing at a different gym, interfused with some running and other Beachbody DVDs at home... turbo fire, insanity, etc. Exercise is a great thing for me, but its not helping me to figure out how to lose this weight again, and I am sure its the food....

but I am excited for these to get here and looking forward to a new challenge!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Welcome Laura and Cathy! I am so excited to be on this journey with you! Isn't it funny how we all have similar goals to achieve? I can't wait to see what the next 60 days brings us. :bigsmile:
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'm "M", for internet security reasons, I don't use my first name anywhere due to my career. I'm in the Pacific Northwest an "over 40" female. I'm a runner, I finished my 2nd marathon in October, with a fractured leg I'm still dealing with. I'm hoping that combat will assist me with more hip flexibility and fast twitch fiber development to make me a more balanced runner. I'm an "On paper only" beachbody coach, because I love Shakeology and coach for the discount only.

My children will occasionally be doing combat with me, my oldest is a runner and my youngest wants to be too. I'm struggling with weight gains from marathon training and hoping to get my body fat percentage back down to 17% where it was this time last year, I'm presently about 20-21.

I'm doing P90X2 at the same time I'm doing Combat since I can't presently run. I'm trying to stick to the low impact modifications of combat and doing heavy lifting on the P90X2.

Excited to be following with a group, it always is great to have feedback going through the program the first time.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hello mysterious Lady M (LOL :wink: )! Welcome to the group! I look forward to seeing your progress during the 60 day period. Hopefully you'll get the results you're looking for! It's nice to find a fellow shakeology devotee...how do you typically drink yours? My daily shake is Chocolate with unsweetened chocolate almond milk and 1 TBS of unsweetened cocoa powder blended in a shaker cup and refrigerated until it becomes REALLY cold.
  • MzTate81
    MzTate81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Mira T Im from Houston my goal for this 60 day challenge is to continue my weight loss journey towards reaching my target weight goal of 170 .. I have a still have a way to go but will reach it.. I Love working out to home workout with a few days of Gym workouts... Ive completed Turbo Jam , Turbo Fire,P90X ,Tapout XT , and on my last week of Rushfit...
  • telcochik
    Options
    Welcome Mira! Glad to have you on board! :smile:
  • cjsanford63
    cjsanford63 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Christina S, and I'm from Northern Ca. I was doing my second round of Insanity and had to stop because of an ankle injury. So I'm hoping that this program will allow me to get my butt moving again. And I wouldn't complain if the scale started moving down once more : ) Mostly I'm looking to get back into a workout routine and be healthier. I'm going to be a bit ahead of you guys because I started this week. I'm loving it so far, except maybe plyo - not a plyo girl. It's a fun workout. I look forward to seeing what the rest of you think once you start it.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'm Angela. Currently live in San Antonio although I have lived in Atlanta area, DC area, Baltimore area, and in Arkansas.

I'm pretty content with the way I eat. Even though I have some flab, I am pretty content with my weight. Anyone else would say I might have a few lbs to lose. If I lose inches, great, if not, great. I get a good workout, nonetheless.

I am currently limited to cycling due to a labral tear in my hip that just.won't.heal. Normally, I hike, ALOT, and used to run. I travel with my job and I travel for leisure. The husband is a running and lifting fool, so I have to show him I'm not totally lazy. lol

I'm looking forward to doing something new. I get bored way to easily. Bring on Jan 7!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Welcome Christina and Angela! :bigsmile:
  • beancurdie
    beancurdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm Laura, but since we already have a Laura, I'll go with my childhood nickname of Lo. I'm 38 and live in western NY. I have two boys (6 and 8), I work full-time as a technology project manager and am a tax widow.

I'm looking forward to starting Combat! I have done a few Beachbody programs (Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, and CLX) but I don't do them consistently. I think I'm Chalean-ed out. ;)

As for my goals, well I seem to lose and gain the same 10lbs over and over. I'm looking to stop the yo-yo and develop a workout routine that works with my crazy schedule.
  • telcochik
    Options
    I'm thrilled you've decided to join us Lo! :bigsmile:
  • cmkell87
    cmkell87 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am Cara and I live in the Atlanta area. I'm originally from New Jersey. I'm 25 and single with a dog named Rufus. He is my hiking and now running buddy. I am just finishing Turbo Fire and I loved it, combat seemed like another great one to try. I've been doing great with sticking to a workout plan my eating on the other hand went a little off track with the holidays. So it's back to the basics for me! Goals for the challenge is to get out of the 170s and into the lower 160s. I'm also training for a 5k so Combat will defiantly help with my endurance :)
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hi Cara. Welcome! Your goals are similar to mine....I plan to get my eating back on track during this program so feel free to post your daily meals if it helps and I'll do the same.
  • drlaurafsu
    drlaurafsu Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Cara! I'm in the ATL area too. Welcome to the group. :)
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hey! My name is Erin I live in MD, I introduced myself on a seperate post sorry for not reading this first :( I'll be starting Combat on the 07th! Super excited...I finished a second round of Insanity on 20 Dec...and am itching to start something new. I love it but my body needs something fresh!

Will be starting with the Ultimate Warrior Hybrid workout as I'm pretty accustomed to Insanity Max workouts and doing doubles. I've been testing the actual martial arts workouts for the last couple of days, they are great! although I'm glad I've given myself a little bit of time to aclimate myself to the moves as these require a bit more thought and coordination :) Last night I did the Combat 30 + the HIIT Power, I felt great after...tonight I'll be picking up some heavier weights though, not used to needing them.

How are you all feeling about the 'gloves' that came with the workout? I'm thinking my hands are a bit small for them...
  • Corinne_S
    Options
    Hi I'm Corinne S. I got my aunt to bring me my copy of Les Mills Combat as it is yet to reach the UK. I've been to quite a lot of Body Combat classes, but it has become difficult to get there recently because of my husband's work/childcare commitments. I am hoping that this will give me some motivation to eat better and exercise regularly.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Welcome Erin and Corinne!

Erin since I did the pre-order on the first day it was available I only got the base kit (no gloves...BOO). I hear the gloves will be available to purchase any day now so I'm watching the BB site anxiously to order them and the advanced warrior DVDs to add to my kit. If you're not happy with the fit you could contact customer service about exchanging them for a different size (unless you ordered the small ones). I really liked the weighted ones used in Turbo Jam/Fire so you could always return the combat ones and buy the others. They seemed to fit really well and were fingerless.
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I was able to pre-order the entire package including the gloves. They are the smallest size they have perhaps I can find something else though.

So psyched to start on Monday :tongue:
  • MissDefinate
    MissDefinate Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Aleasha P, age 32 ! I live in TEXAS. I have 3 kids and is looking to lose 70-80lbs. I have tried many gimmicks to lose the weight and nothing has worked. I tend to put exercising off or not counting calories adequately. I did the Les Mills combat 30 last Saturday and I enjoyed it. My current weight is 249.