hey

Options
Saunz5
Saunz5 Posts: 165 Member
Hey everyone! I'm new to the group, hoping to find some useful information to help with the random emotional eating that I do. My issue is over eating when I get emotional... I can usually stay on track, but some days (like last night) I get emotional overload and have a VERY hard time controlling it. This morning I woke up with red dots all around my eyes due to popped blood vessels from crying so hard last night. :( I know some of my triggers, but can't figure out how to get around them because they are just a part of my life...Any tips? Thanks!

Replies

• 1peanutandapumpkin
    1peanutandapumpkin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! The two things I've done are get rid of everything in the house I would normally run to for "comfort". The second thing is add music and other interesting things (gaems, books, movies) to distract me. Sometimes I even punch a pillow to get rid of the built up frustration. It may sound odd, but it does help. I've seen some of your other posts (smiley faces :) ) and you can add me as a friend if you want. I'm usually on every night and could use more friends!
  • Saunz5
    Options
    Yeah, I can stay away from it at the store! My biggest weakness are things like PB or trail mixes...things like that. :/
  • Athena125
    Athena125 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Probably sounds corny, but I make myself a hot herbal tea (or sometimes 2 or 3), play some New Agey music and light a candle or incense. I sometimes do a little light yoga, breathing, etc. Sometimes I watch a movie while I work on writing or making beaded jewelry. I find keeping my hands busy stops me from munching! If i am still really hungry, I have a banana or even some celery sticks with a teaspoon of peanut butter on it, which is less than 200 calories.

Trail mixes..ehhh...I don't eat them anymore because they were so many calories and didn't fill me up. I could be full on a veggie omelet for half the calories.
  • Saunz5
    Options
    I make my own ttrail mixes. They fill me up and then some. I drink herbal tea all day long. My mind is constantly on food. :/ Even if my hands are busy. It's frustrating.