Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

A strange thing is happening...

Howbouto
Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
I am about 45 days into my paleo lifestyle. I did Whole 30 for the first 30, then have transition to paleo with the allowance of 2 non paleo meals a week. The longer I'm doing this the less I want the non paleo meals and when I do have them I'm disappointed. I allowed myself sushi today and I'm so bummed. It really was not that good, actually kinda gross. I know my taste buds have changed, but really? I guess it, it a good thing but I feel lost. I no longer know what my favorite foods are?!? Pizza was #1 for 35 years but now that sounds disgusting. Sushi is love I have found in the last year and it was kinda gross and salty today. Thank goodness steak and bacon are paleo, or I would really be lost. Please don't take this wrong, I'm not complaining, just shocked, that's all.

Replies

• dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    wow.......yes good.......and disconcerting all at the same time! I will look forward to hearing what your new foods become! Thanks for sharing, Dyanna
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Haa haa haa - GOOD FOR YOU! I had the same revelation about 30 days into it - I no longer felt deprived.

For me Pizza was a bad addiction - I can eat a whole extra large on my own without taking a breath.
    Bread and chips come in a close second.

I now am so very disappointed when I do have a slice or some bread. Just seems like it isn't worth it.

I still love sushi, but just have sashimi instead.

Carbs and sugar are absolutely physically and socially addictive. You clearly have been able to break through. In the past year I have noticed that if I do partake in a few items (like candy or some chips) - then the addiction comes back on full swing and I have to really tell myself "NO".
  • grrl77
    grrl77 Posts: 108
    I have to admit, I'm kind of excited for that to happen. I'm currently experiencing the no sugar headache on day 2. I'm just pounding water, telling myself it'll pass. I know I'm "de-toxing," and it'll get worse before it gets better, but I just keep staring at these crazy yummy recipes on foodee.com and *cannot wait* to make this beef stew tonight. Lol.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    I am 8 weeks in, and do not crave non paleo foods anymore...I actually get grossed out when I see them or smell them ...lol..its so strange!!! but good :happy: I know how bad those foods are now and how they made me feel like crap
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    I was a huge (literally) pizza lover. I haven't had it in almost 6 months. I don't miss it. I have much better favorites now that make my mouth water just thinking about em...lol you will find that ultra delicious go to meal soon!