Christmas presents etc

Options
La_Amazona
La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
I'm home alone drinking wine watching my show. I'm thinking...

This question was asked last year, I'm sure but..

I've been talking/ dating pilot for a bit over 3 weeks (we talk or text almost everyday and have had 5 dates but all have been super long dates!!). We are just enjoying each others company, not official. He says I'm the only one he's dating though and w/o noticing, I've been only dating him for a bit.

Christmas is coming up soon and we seem to talk about the near future alot such as he's going to take me country dancing, I'm coming over for Christmas if he's home (he will be on call so he can't leave home and it works out great because my family celebrates christmas eve), etc.

Anyway, do I get him something small for Christmas since most likely I'll visit him? He wants me to bring some tamales from home for him. Whatcha think? I'd get him something airplane related as he obviously loves flying and he has a small collection.

Replies

• shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    You could grab him something small or maybe just get him a card...

Or just make him some eats and give those to him!
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    You could grab him something small or maybe just get him a card...

Or just make him some eats and give those to him!

I thought of making him some cookies and giving him something small.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'd ask him if he wanted to exchange presents. I suck at guessing stuff, so when in doubt, I ask.

If you're super against that, I'd get a really small (physically and financially) present and keep it in my purse and only give it if he initiates gifting. Is that weird? Maybe.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Hiding it sounds good! I'm notorious for not making first move and I'd be embarrassed if I gave him something and he didn't. He mentioned something about "oooh you can get me Cuban cigars for Christmas" and I said "whaaaa??" which he replied with "oh well I'm not getting you anything". We joke a lot. A LOT. So he was joking but now I wonder if he is getting me something..
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    My new man and I had the conversation. We decided to not do gifts this year but to spend a day together instead. We are going to go to these outdoor hotsprings/spa in Whistler for the day. More fun, less awkward!
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    i'd bake him something :-)
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I'd blow him.

Wait, I personally wouldn't blow him. I mean I would if I was his girlfriend. Not that I think about being anyone's girlfriend... or a girl at all for that matter. Really, I swear.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Steak and BJ
  • baraccus
    baraccus Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yeah, its fairly new, instead of buying him a gift, give him a gift ;-) (agrees with previous posts, lol)
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Ok, I can't help but think that a bj isn't a gift if its something the giver does often anyway lol..not talking about you OP..just thinking if it was me.
    I would cook a nice meal, and get a card but I wouldn't go over board..I've been burned this way before. If he produces a present..then act all shocked and be really appreciative. Have fun either way. You always seem to have the most interesting dating life around here.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Steak and BJ
    Agreed, however....
    He wants me to bring some tamales from home for him. Whatcha think?

Tamales and BJ.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    My new man and I had the conversation. We decided to not do gifts this year but to spend a day together instead. We are going to go to these outdoor hotsprings/spa in Whistler for the day. More fun, less awkward!

I'm well jel of this day out! :bigsmile:

I'd much rather that than a bj off Chris anyday!! :laugh:
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'd go for something small. 6 pack of his favorite beer, bag of his favorite candy, bake him something, maybe a book he might have mentioned. Nothing bigger than that...just schedule a day together - time spend together means much more than any gift!

PS. Ceasar: Lookin' good in your new pic! :flowerforyou: Great progress!
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Ok, I can't help but think that a bj isn't a gift if its something the giver does often anyway lol..not talking about you OP..just thinking if it was me.
    I would cook a nice meal, and get a card but I wouldn't go over board..I've been burned this way before. If he produces a present..then act all shocked and be really appreciative. Have fun either way. You always seem to have the most interesting dating life around here.

From a guys perspective, a BJ always works well as a gift. Combine that with food...

Win win.
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'd blow him.

Wait, I personally wouldn't blow him. I mean I would if I was his girlfriend. Not that I think about being anyone's girlfriend... or a girl at all for that matter. Really, I swear.

I freakin' love you! Lol
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Bake him cookies (men love food) and BJ if you guys are at that stage lol...... If not get him some ktchy little dollar store toy mini airplanes. That way you can keep those in your purse so you dont make him feel ackward if he doesnt have something for you and its cute and tiny
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    get him a membership in the mile high club!
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I'd blow him.

This just made my day!
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Seriously though for two seconds...does anyone think of sex or any sexual act as a gift? If so I have clearly been far too generous in this relationship!
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Seriously though for two seconds...does anyone think of sex or any sexual act as a gift? If so I have clearly been far too generous in this relationship!

I am pretty sure people don't personally think sexual acts are gifts.

It is mostly said because in general men don't give a **** about gifts,

so they would rather have a BJ then something they may dislike and will have to

fake liking because of "consequences" for not liking the gift.