Non-workout days

DianaV86
DianaV86 Posts: 146 Member
I've browsed several pages but didn't get an answer to this question. My TDEE with 20% cut is 1770. I know that if I burn more than the difference between my TDEE and BMR then I should track those and eat them but what about on non-workout days? I plan to run 1 mile and lift heavy MWF and run on Tues, Thurs and Sat and rest on Sunday. Should I lower my calorie goal to my BMR on rest days? I don't want to cut down running because I'm always training for 5K races (I will re-evaluate my calorie needs whenever I start training for another half marathon).

Thanks for your help! I'm really looking forward to this new lifestyle. I didn't lose a single pound while doing 12 weeks of half marathon training and I now know it was most likely due to underfeeding myself while burning so many calories. Poor body =(

Replies

• floopysandi
    floopysandi Posts: 138 Member
    Yes, eat the regular amount on non-workout days. This video explains it well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYi9xjIRvbY
  • DianaV86
    DianaV86 Posts: 146 Member
    Ok great, thank you!! This is such an adjustment mentally! I'm looking forward to not beating myself up for eating 1,600 calories (my calorie goal used to be 1,400) because of "grazing" due to being hungry!
  • floopysandi
    floopysandi Posts: 138 Member
    I know how weird is that!! But I am steadily losing now that I have switched over and am so happy that I get to eat more too!!! Such a great feeling now that I am getting used to it!