cardio every day in addition to?

Janelle173
Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
Hello again!! Some of you may recall me questioning those of you who have started or completed this program about some other stuff.

New question: Are you just doing the program work outs and cardio as it says (i don't have it yet-getting it in January-, so not sure how often the cardio dvd gets done each week), or are you doing extra cardio like running, zumba/dance, walking, every day in addition to the JMBR program?

Also, I saw someone mention BOILED chicken?! Is that the only chicken we can have?

Thanks in advance for any info!!

Replies

• mayday1969
    mayday1969 Posts: 123 Member
    They want you to do the cardio every day for the first week only. I never did. I really only had 30 minutes. But a lot of people do. Normally the cardio is only done 2 times a week and not in addition to the other DVDs.

Boiled chicken aka poached chicken is in a lot of the recipes, usually as a part of the recipe if you are going to be shredding the chicken. There is one where you eat soup with a poached chicken breast. I could not do that. So I poached it and shredded it and put it in my soup.

There is a grilled chicken recipe and a baked one too. I'm sure you can cook the checken how you want, as long as you don't add anything to it.

Hope this helps!
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Hi Doll. I finished BR in November. The program offers a kickstart week which is 6 days Cardio 1 twice a day. Then you start week 1 with workouts 1, 2 and cardio 1 twice a week. If you choose not to do the kick start you can just go into Week 1. I can't give any advice on meal plan as I did not follow it. I eat real food in moderation. If you want to see the pdfs shoot me a message with your email and I will send them to you. Best of luck!
  • Janelle173
    They want you to do the cardio every day for the first week only. I never did. I really only had 30 minutes. But a lot of people do. Normally the cardio is only done 2 times a week and not in addition to the other DVDs.

Boiled chicken aka poached chicken is in a lot of the recipes, usually as a part of the recipe if you are going to be shredding the chicken. There is one where you eat soup with a poached chicken breast. I could not do that. So I poached it and shredded it and put it in my soup.

There is a grilled chicken recipe and a baked one too. I'm sure you can cook the checken how you want, as long as you don't add anything to it.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for the info! You can add things like herbs, right? just probably no salt/fat/butter/oil?
  • Janelle173
    Hi Doll. I finished BR in November. The program offers a kickstart week which is 6 days Cardio 1 twice a day. Then you start week 1 with workouts 1, 2 and cardio 1 twice a week. If you choose not to do the kick start you can just go into Week 1. I can't give any advice on meal plan as I did not follow it. I eat real food in moderation. If you want to see the pdfs shoot me a message with your email and I will send them to you. Best of luck!

Thank you!!! I will def send you my email! I really appreciate it! How much did you lose doing JMBR if you don't mind me asking. Pounds and inches if you have that info?
  • mayday1969
    mayday1969 Posts: 123 Member

Thank you so much for the info! You can add things like herbs, right? just probably no salt/fat/butter/oil?

Yes, herbs would be OK.