New to Group

Options
tazzy_toon
tazzy_toon Posts: 17 Member
Hello, I've suffered from the symptoms of Fibromyalgia most of my adult life. But its really hit a peak this last 3 to 4 yrs since my youngest was born. I guess my body couldn't recover from 2 babies in 2 yrs in my late 30's.

I have a 4 and 5 yr old plus 2 adult children and I just can't rest like I need to and when I add even the smallest bit of exercise i'm wiped for the day, but I also know that it will help in the long run. Especially since I used to be fit and the symptoms wheren't as severe. I could use some support from people that understand the challenges of what I'm going through.

My mom also has Fib but it seems to upset her when I talk about my pain.

I was doing really well while taking lyrica but the company has stopped giving samples to my dr, so can't have it anymore.

I'd love to hear some things that people here have had success with.

Replies

• starryol
    Options
    Hi, welcome to this group, having fibro is really difficult as people and even medical professionals do not seem to understand the symptoms, causes and what it's like to live with this illness. I think it's ironic just how many people who got fit and did regular exercise have got fibro. I have only just returned to this site after quite a break and it's so good to be back. If you need support or a laugh please feel free to add me to your friends list
  • Bookchick887
    Bookchick887 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Can I ask you more about Lyrica? Is it an antidepressant or a pain med? I can't take antidepressants, but would like to have an idea for anti-inflammitories or other such pills.
    Thanks,
    Eileen