Carb help

Options
I'm having a really rough time hitting my carb macro. I have no problem at all with protein and fats (I tend to eat a lot of steak), but my carb intake eludes me. What foods are high in it?

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I suppose my first question is why are you trying to hit your carb macro? Are you trying to get more carbs for performance reasons?

But to answer your question, a few are:

- pasta
    - bread
    - fruit and veg
    - beans
    - candy
    - oatmeal
    - ice-cream
  • Brewster1215
    Brewster1215 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Uhhh no I feel great, lots of energy. But the calorie counter consistently says I'm under. I have it set for 40/30/30 on the carb, fat, and protein macros. I'm not so much trying to lose weight but lose fat and gain muscle. I workout every other day with free weights and I'm seeing improvements. It's rare, though, that I can come within 20 of the carb requirement on the counter. (I'm still kinda a noob at this stuff)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I suppose my first question is why are you trying to hit your carb macro? Are you trying to get more carbs for performance reasons?

- pasta
    - bread
    - fruit and veg
    - beans
    - candy
    - oatmeal
    - ice-cream

.....erm, PIZZA!!!!!!
  • Brewster1215
    Options
    Pizza and ice cream...I think I'm gonna like building muscle over just losing weight!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Uhhh no I feel great, lots of energy. But the calorie counter consistently says I'm under. I have it set for 40/30/30 on the carb, fat, and protein macros. I'm not so much trying to lose weight but lose fat and gain muscle. I workout every other day with free weights and I'm seeing improvements. It's rare, though, that I can come within 20 of the carb requirement on the counter. (I'm still kinda a noob at this stuff)
    Look at your macros this way:

The daily goals for protein and fat are floors. The daily goal for carbs is a ceiling. That being said, I'm not implying that it's *bad* to go over carbs. I do it all the time. However, if you feel good, it's absolutely fine to not hit that carb goal. Most people actually prefer not to.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

You don't *need* to hit your carb macro unless it's affecting your performance, or you feel sluggish, or aren't getting enough sleep, etc. If you hit protein and fat, feel free to treat yourself to whatever you like with the remaining calories (even if you go over on protein and/or fat), assuming you already have a nutritionally balanced micronutrient profile. etc.

ETA: and what Lea said about the ceilings/basement. That's good *kitten* right there.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8k5jgasnX1r1xhqqo2_250.gif
  • Brewster1215
    Options
    Awesome! You guys rock!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Check out this thread..http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

Protein and fats are a minimum so don't worry about going over at the expense of carbs.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Listen to these ladies. It's a good "problem" to have. :smile:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

- pasta
    - bread
    - fruit and veg
    - beans
    - candy
    - oatmeal
    - ice-cream

.....erm, PIZZA!!!!!!

Pizza fuels Bean so she moves like a cyclone on her runs!!
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I am so, SO jealous of you.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8k5jgasnX1r1xhqqo2_250.gif

:drinker: