just waitin' for January

Options
Ugh! I am ready for the holidays to be over---I wish it was nice and simple like it used to be when I was young! So many gifts, so much shopping, all the food....bah humbug!

Well, with that ranting out of the way, I can say I AM looking forward to family time. One of my favorite traditions is the great white elephant exchange we do on my side....we look for the slighty weird items all year long and have a great time exchanging them!

How bout you all? Stressed out yet?

Hang in there, just a few weeks to go!

Replies

• GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My husband's family does white elephant too. It's my favorite part of the holidays. I don't know how your family does it, but we get quite rowdy. lol. It's really fun, which is why its my favorite. The rest of the holiday season is one big stress fest. We have about 10 Christmas's to attend every year. And this is our last year here too, which makes it even more stressful.
  • roundtherink
    Options
    This will start out sounding sad, but.....both my parents have passed away, my bio sister is from/lives in Quebec, and the rest of my family doesn't live anywhere near me.
    That said, I spend the holiday with friends. I've made a fantastic group of friends since I moved to FL, and we had a great holiday party. This weekend a group of us have plans at a nice Italian restaurant, and then to watch the Osborne Lights (an amazing Christmas light show). Christmas Day will be spent at a restaurant with a friend and her family who invited me, and NYE my boyfriend will be heading down to visit me.
    No stress at all. :)
    I'm enjoying the holidays for the first time in 4 years.
  • KrnDrln
    Options
    Well, I'm a little late here, but I don't usually stress about the holidays. This is the first year, however, that I haven't traveled to be with my side of the family. My husband said no and I didn't argue with him this time. It was nice to just be with our daughter and her children (and her husband! LOL) on Christmas day.

I did really well with my eating until Christmas day and just that one day (thankfully) I ate like I couldn't control myself! I'm not sure what my deal was, but honestly even though I felt like I ate like a pig I probably didn't do that badly considering what it might have otherwise been! I was back at the gym and back on track the day after Christmas and don't have any other holiday plans! :) Now I'm starting to train for my 8k in March!