2013 running goals

Options
mmk137
mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
so what are your running goals for 2013?

well I would like to run at least 3 half marathons. I have one paid for already. Just need to decide on the other 2.

I would also love to run at least 7 organised fun runs. I have 2 planned already. one of those being a half.

And a few pb's would be great too.

what about you all.

Replies

• MN_Runner2012
    Options
    I hope it is OK that I joined this group! My goals this year:

Participate in:
    - 2 to 3 half marathons
    - 1 marathon
    - 1 warrior dash

- Improve my speed - I have great endurance, but I am not that fast!
    - drop some lbs for health and to improve my speed
    - remain injury free
    - find a weekend running group in Minnesota (have one in Pennsylvania where I work during the week, but not at home)
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Well, it all depends on what happens regarding my "small meniscal tear" I have that was seen on MRI... see doctor on Wednesday.
    I definitely want to do at least 1 half, possibly 2. I want to do a full marathon before I turn 50 to I have about 2.5 years so I want to increase my distances further than HM distances...
    But first get knee healthy and ready for running!
  • Melsy7
    Melsy7 Posts: 30
    Options
    My first half, coming up in May. :)

I've been fighting with interior shin splints for over a year now - SO painful - and I'm trying to prepare for the half by strength training, elliptical and the occasional run (once a week) either outside or on the treadmill.
  • HeathersHealthyJourney
    Options
    I used to run all the time but last year I dislocated my knee and I stopped all together,...

So my goal this year is to get back into running and working out in general.

I have already signed up for a 5K and I'm training for that I'd like to do several more this year.
  • DianeG213
    DianeG213 Posts: 253
    Options
    I'd like to run a 10K, and a 1/2 by next fall.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    to run the same half I ran last May this May but beat my time!!
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    some great goals.

I've already knocked one of, but doing my first tough mudder.

Got my 1st half lined up in April too. Exicted cause I've never done this one before (it's in Geelong, so it might actually be flat).
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I want to run and complete my first full marathon. That is my big goal.