New to Clean Eating

Options
Hello, I am new to clean eating. I have been reading about it for the past 6 months. I have read many online articles, Whole Living articles, Clean Eating Magazine articles and Tosca Reno's books. I have decided that it is time to start implementing what I have been reading. So, any tips, suggestions or any information is/would be greatly appreciated! Also, please friend request me if you would like. Thanks!

Replies

• newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I consider myself a clean eater. I started about 5 months ago or so. I simply gave up processed foods. If the label has more than 2-3 ingredients, I don't buy it. Actually, I don't buy many items that have a label. I don't fall everything that has the "Organic" label either. I just try to eat real food. You can take a look at my food journal. I'm really a boring eater. I don't require a lot of variety. I just pick the foods I like and stick with them. That helps me stay on track and with planning and also with budget. It just works for me but might be for everyone.

I have also given up whole wheat, dairy and soy. I used to have horrible acid reflux (put me in the hospital and couple of times). Since I've started clean eating, I no longer have acid reflux ever, at all!

I'll friend you - add me if you'd like.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I do clean eating 90% of the time..had my first brownies in 4 months this week. Clean eating to me is eating food that is wholesome and full of the right nutrients. 100% all natural peanut butter, organic Tofu, Homemade Almond milk, and rice flour are all part of my clean eating plan. The problem I have though is I can't digest most meats, wheat products, and diary, so in order to lose weight and not swell up like a blow fish I have to avoid these products. I try to be good 90% of the time but occasionally I slip up. With any lifestyle change, make a list of the foods that you can eat, should avoid, and so on. Then stick to that list with my fitness pal to stay within your calorie range. I am also doing Weight Watchers Points so I can stay within a sort of guideline.