"nice guys"

Options
christine24t
christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
This site is funny! The Nice Guys of OkCupid!

http://niceguysofokc.tumblr.com/

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I might be a party pooper but that mostly just made me sad :(

EDIT: To clarify before anyone calls me a hypocrite. I think the "nice guy" complex is real and annoying... but this isn't discussing or confronting anything... it's bullying. It's like the difference between telling a friend that you are concerned for their health, or pointing at the kid walking down the hallway and screaming "fatass" at them.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I understand the owner of the blog likes girls with hairy legs.

EDIT: I agree with the edit above too.
  • christine24t
    Options

I kind of understand.

I think that a lot of these guys need to read up on the "nice guy" and realize that they're actually not being very nice when they call themselves that.

I know a guy just like this and I wish someone would tell him that he actually looks like a jerk when he says stuff like that.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I know a guy just like this and I wish someone would tell him that he actually looks like a jerk when he says stuff like that.

Why don't you?
  • christine24t
    Options

Why don't you?

I don't know him that well anymore. He posted this rant one time on Facebook about it.

"I hear sooooooo many girls complaining nowadays about how they cannot find a good guy. Well, maybe if you stop dating the losers who treat other people like crap, maybe you will find a good guy. We are around. You just have to look away from your normal dating pool. Look for the intelligent, nice guys who are always there for you when you need them. Oh wait, you do know where they are! You just deemed yourself too good for them and placed them in the "Friends" zone! Funny how fate has a way of paying us good guys back by making you realize that you are unhappy without us there to help because we have grown tired of your games."
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

Why don't you?

I don't know him that well anymore. He posted this rant one time on Facebook about it.

"I hear sooooooo many girls complaining nowadays about how they cannot find a good guy. Well, maybe if you stop dating the losers who treat other people like crap, maybe you will find a good guy. We are around. You just have to look away from your normal dating pool. Look for the intelligent, nice guys who are always there for you when you need them. Oh wait, you do know where they are! You just deemed yourself too good for them and placed them in the "Friends" zone! Funny how fate has a way of paying us good guys back by making you realize that you are unhappy without us there to help because we have grown tired of your games."

Even better, then you have nothing to lose.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    Einstein said that the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect the result to change. I think both the girl who complains about a lack of nice guys and the so-called nice guy should probably both consider what they are doing.
  • christine24t
    Options

EDIT: To clarify before anyone calls me a hypocrite. I think the "nice guy" complex is real and annoying... but this isn't discussing or confronting anything... it's bullying. It's like the difference between telling a friend that you are concerned for their health, or pointing at the kid walking down the hallway and screaming "fatass" at them.

I just read your edit and to think about it this way it is kinda sad.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Einstein said that the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect the result to change. I think both the girl who complains about a lack of nice guys and the so-called nice guy should probably both consider what they are doing.

EX-****ING-ACTLY
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Nice guys don't have to say that they're nice guys ;)

If you have to point it out... Then you're a *kitten*.

ETA: I realize that this was the point.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    :laugh: so true. guys who call themselves nice tend to be first class jerks.

and for the record i've never complained about a lack of nice guys. i dont want nice, i'd eat nice up and spit it out.
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I didnt go to the link and check it out....For the record, I am an *kitten*. That by the way is fair warning!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
  • meshashesha2012
    Options
    i'd find it sad if "nice" guys weren't a type of bully themselves. these are the guys who are usually secretly misogynists, so eff em :grumble:
  • christine24t
    Options
    i'd find it sad if "nice" guys weren't a type of bully themselves. these are the guys who are usually secretly misogynists, so eff em :grumble:

That is a good point as well.
  • christine24t
    Options

I love Cracked! Thanks for sharing!
  • meshashesha2012
    Options
    these guys remind me of the type of guy who those PUA books are created for.

for the most part they are only interested in a certain type of woman, mainly 10's, and believe that they are somehow OWED those women. they confuse their lack of success with the 10's they go after (women who have TONS of options) as indicative of their possibilities with ALL women. not saying that us average looking gals would be happy to snatch these guys up either, but they'd have a better chances if they concentrated their efforts on women who were more suitable.

it's like someone with average grades applying to 5 ivy league schools getting turned down and them complaining about not being college material or how colleges dont want them.

PS some of hose nice guys grow up to be like THIS guy, minus the guns but a lot of the bitterness
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/04/bridgeville-gym-shooting-_n_251411.html
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Nice guys are indeed proper piece of sh!ts... Look at what they do.
    Extracts:

*Intentionally Interpreting Any Criticism as an Insult
    "Who is he to call me lazy and worthless! A good person would never talk to me like this! He wrote this whole thing just to feel superior to me and to make me feel bad about my life! I'm going to think up my own insult to even the score!"

*Focusing on the Messenger to Avoid Hearing the Message
    "Who is THIS guy to tell ME how to live? Oh, like he's so high and mighty! It's just some dumb writer on the Internet! I'm going to go dig up something on him that reassures me that he's stupid, and that everything he's saying is stupid! This guy is so pretentious, it makes me puke! I watched his old rap video on YouTube and thought his rhymes sucked!"

*Focusing on the Tone to Avoid Hearing the Content
    "I'm going to dig through here until I find a joke that is offensive when taken out of context, and then talk and think only about that! I've heard that a single offensive word can render an entire book invisible!"

*Pretending That Any Self-Improvement Would Somehow Be Selling Out Your True Self
    "Oh, so I guess I'm supposed to get rid of all of my manga and instead go to the gym for six hours a day and get a spray tan like those Jersey Shore *kitten*? Because THAT IS THE ONLY OTHER OPTION."

Anyway... I'm out!
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Got to say some of the comments on here about doormats and chewing up nice guys and spitting them out are a bit insulting.

Many of my female friends describe me as a really nice guy, and although I am of the opinion that nice guys come last, in my case anyway its always been my experience, the actual definition of nice, is good natured, kind, polite, having sensitive discernment. Now I'm quite proud that people see me as having some or all of those characteristics, and i'm not going to change from being like that to get myself in a relationship or a fling, by being arrogant, rude or insensitive

If you are intentionally looking for people who dont exhibit those nice characteristics but do exhibit the others then you have to consider whether you are the one with the flaw emotionally or mentally.

I have a number of female friends who will turn to me for emotional support or to just listen to them offload, one of whom is my ex (a slightly odd situation), but I appreciate the fact that they do, although in the case of the obvious one of these, and in the past with others, I would rather they saw me as more, but I will not change to be colder etc towards them in order to win them over to me, it doesnt make sense. I am who I am, i will always be genuine, and don't have any wish to treat someone negatively to win them over, thats paradoxical. i'm not saying i dont have strong opinions, or am not sarcastic or won;t banter with people but i wouldnt put them down for the sake of it.

Now some others may happily describe themselves as an a**hole etc, and tha'ts their prerogative but I would never be proud of that. If I go through my life single but valued as someone who will be there when needed then so be it. I'd rather be that then in a relationship based on not being true to myself or treating the other person badly to keep them interested.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I always find it funny when people complain about the opposite sex. At least once a week, one of my Facebook friends complain about the opposite sex. I've seen girls complain about how guys are jerks to them, don't pay attention to them, etc etc. Likewise, I've seen guys go on the typical "nice guy" rant from time to time. It's more entertaining than anything, so I hope they keep it up.

Personally, my problem has always been that I've been somewhat of a jerk to women I'm not interested and too nice to the women I'm truly interested in. The results are not good. I really need to do the complete opposite.