Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is this okay?

ehmadore
ehmadore Posts: 72 Member
I reset my cals to 20% less my TDEE and I currently a minimum of 4 days at the gym. Typically one day is 45 - 50 minutes of jogging/elliptical and one day is weights and 30 minutes of cardio. Is this okay? Will I lose? The weights I do are not heavy lifting yet. I need to start that. Typically I do 2 arm, 2 leg, and 2 ab.

Replies

• ehmadore
    ehmadore Posts: 72 Member
    Wow, don't all respond at once.
  • amanda_gent
    amanda_gent Posts: 174 Member
    I am not fully sure if I can answer your question but you seem eager for a response so I'll try. Maybe somebody more knowledgeable will jump in later.

If your question is will you lose on 20% cut off TDEE, well, sure, you *should* lose but what is your history? VLCD? Have you already done a reset?

It just all depends on your particular situation.

If you want to start a lifting program, New Rules of Lifting for Women is highly recommended around the forum.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    I reset my cals to 20% less my TDEE and I currently a minimum of 4 days at the gym. Typically one day is 45 - 50 minutes of jogging/elliptical and one day is weights and 30 minutes of cardio. Is this okay? Will I lose? The weights I do are not heavy lifting yet. I need to start that. Typically I do 2 arm, 2 leg, and 2 ab.

If you calc'd the TDEE right, and the BMR estimate isn't inflated, sure you'll lose.

It would be better to shift 30 min of cardio on lifting day to more lifting, and only do 15 min cooldown cardio.
    Make the lifting time compound lifts, not isolated.

For instance, you are wasting time if you are doing bicep curls and tricep kickbacks, and situps.

You are using all those muscles and more doing lifts that work bigger muscles.
    Every push lift works the triceps, and the bigger muscle.
    Every pull lift works the biceps, and the bigger muscle.
    Everything heavy with the legs holding with the arms works the abs.

Squats, straight-leg deadlift, bench press, bent-over row with dumbbell, over-head press, upright row, pull-ups, dips, pushups, ect are much better and use your time more wisely.

You are there and have the time, why not get the most from it.
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    You will lose as long as you are at a deficit, be it created by diet or exercise. I assume that's what you were asking, since your question was "will i lose? ".