Holidays

Options
Annaduurai
Annaduurai Posts: 56 Member
How do you guys survive the holidays with all the goodies around being pushed on you like a bunch of crack dealers? lol

Replies

• LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I'm not allowing any to enter my house. Hubby is very strong and buying chocolate from the time it comes out after Halloween until after the holidays not this year and if he does it's hidden in his truck. He had brought in cashews that of course I got into. But that's not as bad as the chocolate. I find sugar calls for sugar.

So we are almost there and once it's all over we can get right back to serious.

Linda c
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    For me, it’s all about the carbs, eating to my meter and eating for my health, not to satisfy those crack dealers. I’ve done enough research to know what damage sugar and insulin does to the body so I have a greater incentive to control them than a lot of people that are not as educated. I’m on insulin, long term twice a day and short term if I’m over 120 before meals or 150 before bed. So far this month, I’ve only taken the short term five times (out of 106 meals/bed times). I try to keep between 25 and 45 grams of carbs per day, but will go up to 100 on those “special” occasions, but then I will have no carbs for the other meals. For me, it’s planning ahead and logging in the morning so there are no surprises. I really limit the sugary goodies on those special occasions, like a few bites of pecan pie, a big tablespoon of aux gratin potatoes, or one Christmas cookie occasionally for lunch.
  • Aussielooser
    Aussielooser Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have been told to have Christmas day off and not to take my bgl as I am doing so well- I have my next A1c at the end of feb 2013 but I most definetly wont be taking it off as my health is way to important to me. as much as I would love to It's just not going to happen.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I just remind myself that the short term pleasure of eating what I should not have isn't worth the long term results. I've fought too hard to find the right macros to get my BG into a good range. If I indulge one day it throws it out for several days. Not to even mention the cravings come back with a vengeance. It's easier to say "no" to goodies on Christmas Day than it is to fight the cravings the day after.

Plus, I'm only 1/2 a pound away from my Christmas gift of 70 pounds lost. I don't want to spoil my gift.
  • deeschange
    deeschange Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I agree Laura and that's fantasitc news.
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Looks good for you getting there I will be here checking tomorrow if you made it.

Good luck.
    Linda
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Looks good for you getting there I will be here checking tomorrow if you made it.

Good luck.
    Linda
    I did make it. I step on the scale Christmas morning and that 1/2 pound was gone.
  • Gentyl
    Gentyl Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Good luck.
    Linda
    I did make it. I step on the scale Christmas morning and that 1/2 pound was gone.

That is amazing and inspirational.