needing help on this. .

Options
babynew
babynew Posts: 613 Member
Okay,so I'm New to All of this. My blood work on TSH went from 4.5 to 6.75 and I ask why it was not addressed. I was then put on a lo dose of Synthroid. .. 25 mcg? .. went Back 6 weeks later giving a detailed written list of my Symptoms and NEW ALLERGIC INTOLLERANCES ( soy ,wheat,fermented items,and Sulfites )..& I Requested from Reading Here to have the Free 3&4s done.

My Dilemma is I don't know how to Interpret these numbers. I need your help.
I'm glad to say my TSH WENT way down.. from 6.75 to 2.01 My Dad had Addisons and I'm aware this # is Primarily Pituatary gland.
I have no refrence on. THESE. .T 4 FREE. Is 1.3
T 3 FREE Is. 2.8

Is this good? .. the notes don't make sence to me. Something about 9% higher than previous Reagent Lots. Please interpret these results accordingly. ( this was the note on the T4 Free

The Only Major Difference I've been Grateful for. .is that I'm now sleeping at night. Most of the Time! Major for Me. I'm going to hold Steadfast at this. I'm still extremely tired and loosing hair, dizzy, heart palps like crazzzy in spurts.
What do You think?
I have no Clue on the Free Numbers. I just know it was important to get them. I feel so Ignorant.

Replies

• ginnylee75
    ginnylee75 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Okay,so I'm New to All of this. My blood work on TSH went from 4.5 to 6.75 and I ask why it was not addressed. I was then put on a lo dose of Synthroid. .. 25 mcg? .. went Back 6 weeks later giving a detailed written list of my Symptoms and NEW ALLERGIC INTOLLERANCES ( soy ,wheat,fermented items,and Sulfites )..& I Requested from Reading Here to have the Free 3&4s done.

My Dilemma is I don't know how to Interpret these numbers. I need your help.
    I'm glad to say my TSH WENT way down.. from 6.75 to 2.01 My Dad had Addisons and I'm aware this # is Primarily Pituatary gland.
    T 3 FREE Is. 2.8

Is this good? .. the notes don't make sence to me. Something about 9% higher than previous Reagent Lots. Please interpret these results accordingly. ( this was the note on the T4 Free

The Only Major Difference I've been Grateful for. .is that I'm now sleeping at night. Most of the Time! Major for Me. I'm going to hold Steadfast at this. I'm still extremely tired and loosing hair, dizzy, heart palps like crazzzy in spurts.
    What do You think?
    I have no Clue on the Free Numbers. I just know it was important to get them. I feel so Ignorant.

Hi Babynew,
    There are two sights that I like and are really informative. Also, do you see an Endocrinologist or are you working with your Primary Dr.? I have had more luck with my Endocrinologist. It takes a lot of reading and questioning your doctor before you will understand how the Thyroid works and how other hormones work with your thyroid. The first sight below (Stop the Thyroid Madness) explains the T3 and T4. The readings and what they mean separately and together.

So if you want, check out the two web sights below and then talk to your doctor.

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/
    http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/hypothyroidism-000093.htm

Good luck and hang in there.:smile:

Ginny:flowerforyou:
  • babynew
    Options
    OThank You Ginny, I will. Its a crazy season. I have looked at one site, but no answers were apparrent. I will go Back and look and Study. Normally I would push myself to stay up, research, and learn. . However I am Determineed to. Keep my Sleep cycle Normal. ..and there are Holiday Issues Pressing that I'm trying to get through right now.I guess there are no Easy Answers. This is Such a Dilemma of a Different Sort. .with no Real Difinitive Answers I'm kindof finding out. Its a Strange. .thing.
    I'm soo glad there are Others toSpeak to and gather some info and Experience from.
    Thanks So Very Much.
    :flowerforyou:
  • babynew
    Options
    Does Anyone have input whatsoever on these Free Numbers ?

Any Thoughts?
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options

T 3 FREE Is. 2.8

Can you get a copy of the lab results from your doctor? The range should be stated on those. However, these look like the most commonly used range in the US. So:

free T4 range is .8-1.8. Yours is looking ok but not great, should be a bit higher.

free T3 range is 2.3-4.2. T3 is the hormone that makes your cells "go" and does all the work. This is a very hypo result. This should ideally be in the top 1/3 of the range, so 3.6 or higher! This would explain your hypo symptoms.

Synthroid is a T4-only supplement, that your body can have a hard time converting. I don't know that you'll get much relief from taking the synthroid. I'd ask your doctor about either adding a synthetic T3 like Cytomel, or switching to a natural/dessicated thyroid med like Armour or Nature Thyroid (as these contain both T3 and T4).

When are your next labs?

Your body creates T3 by converting T4. Your T4 level is ok, which makes me think your body isn't doing a create job of converting it. So adding on