Make No Change, See No Change

Options
What major (or minor) changes are you making to reach your goal weight? Try and be specific (Avoid general changes like "I'm eating right and exercising more")

I'll kick it off :) I'm scaling back on my sugar and sodium intake, mostly my sugar intake, by diverting my attention from holiday sweets with holiday activities. By helping decorate and clean up around the house or taking late walks to see christmas lights, I've been on my feet more and have had less time to think about all the foods I shouldn't be eating. :happy:

Replies

• kirk1115
    kirk1115 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Defintely to stay active, and to stay away from these holiday foods that I have no clue what the calorie content is.:wink:
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I'm eating within my calorie allotment. I'm not so great at exercise, and I'm not so great with keeping within my macros, but the calorie levels are working. I'm assuming that I will start being more conscious of my macros as I go. I have been striving lately to stay within my sugar and sodium levels (sodium does nasty things to me). It's hard, but I'll get it, eventually!!
  • TexMexBel
    TexMexBel Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have decided to cut out everything WHITE, (flour, sugar, salt, rice) I get enough carbs through other foods like fruits and vegetables. I have also decided to pick up strength & weight training along with dusting off my Jillian Michaels DVD's and putting them to use aside from already walking 30+ minutes per day.
  • silverlil
    silverlil Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    my goal is to cut out sugar, eat more vegetables, and drink pleanty of water. Ohhh, of course, EXERCISE!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    The difference between my BMI and 1200 calories is so tiny now that I really need to start weighing every bite of food and making sure I don't even go 1 calorie over that 1200. On top of that I probably better stop eating back all my exercise calories unless not doing so fatigues me. Other than that, I'm sticking with the low carb. Keeps me from being too hungry...mostly.
  • tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    It's the middle of a bad winter here (e.g. conditions that erode soil on hiking trails, and cold that dehydrates quickly) and I'm working from home, so right now my change-up is to make sure I get my overall activity levels up and drink my eight glasses of water a day. I'm hewing pretty close to my calorie quota; but I need to pay more attention to my sugar intake. Of all the macros, the sugar cap is the one I blow consistently and most egregiously.
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I have decided to cut out everything WHITE, (flour, sugar, salt, rice) I get enough carbs through other foods like fruits and vegetables. I have also decided to pick up strength & weight training along with dusting off my Jillian Michaels DVD's and putting them to use aside from already walking 30+ minutes per day.

Love this!!! i need to do the same
  • Shanni827
    Shanni827 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have been recovering from Pneumonia these past two weeks, so I plan on increasing my physical activity as soon as my lungs are back to normal.

Cutting out my soda intake has been a huge deal for me and in turn increasing my water consumption. I am also using portion control. I'm not cutting out foods but I am not eating a huge plate full. I use fruits as a replacement for sugar cravings which so far has worked perfectly.

For me exercise is going to be key in losing the weight I am hoping to lose.

Good luck everyone!
  • ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking soda in August and I still find it to be a challenge :/ one day at a time I guess. I have tried to increase the amount of steps/miles/floors I walk everyday so I've been walking during my lunch hour. The only down side to this is I usually end up walking somewhere to get lunch which is no good for my wallet and most recently it has been junk food (KFC or sushi :/ ). The holidays are kicking my butt so I have given in to allowing myself the sweets and I will get back on track watching my sugar and sodium January 2.

I have recently joined Zumba & it too is kicking my butt, but I enjoy going and sweating it out so if I keep it up, maybe I can break this little plateau I've hit. As much as I would love to cut out some carbs, white bread, white flour ect., I know I love them and its just not the right time to do it. I have started to integrate more whole grain or multi grain foods.

I honestly think the best way to lose weight is baby steps. Take it one day at a time and one challenge at a time. Good luck everyone :o)
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Working on my binge eating and willpower. Move more, and exercise more! ^_^
  • courtneysmith96
    courtneysmith96 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Working on my binge eating and willpower. Move more, and exercise more! ^_^

I need to work on my will power as well. I think once I get that under control I'll be home-free. Lately I've been stuck in a very poor mindset that goes something like this: "I don't really need to run today, it may make my headache worse" or "I can afford to have dessert today, even though I'm not hungry, since I'm under my calorie budget". The second example I'm least proud of because I know that eating a little dessert on a day when I'm not craving it will make my serious cravings more frequent and sooo much stronger.

I really need to get back in the active mindset and break my sweets addiction!
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm utilizing my body media to make more informed choices. Since I can pretty much see what I have burned all day, it helps me to plan out my food and exercise better to meet my goals. This weight loss thing isn't rocket science...it's math!
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm utilizing my body media to make more informed choices. Since I can pretty much see what I have burned all day, it helps me to plan out my food and exercise better to meet my goals. This weight loss thing isn't rocket science...it's math!:glasses:

30766175.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods