Who workouts at home?

Options
I'm doing this program at home. And I was wondering how many of you are as well. Would like to chit chat with you and maybe we can support and modify together.

I'm starting week 2 of stage 1 on Monday.

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I am, for the most part it's been fine. I have a barbell, dumbbells and the exercise ball. I don't have a bench, I just started stage 3. The wood chop things of stage 2&3 are kind of awkward for me, doing my home version, but otherwise I've been good.
  • jody75
    jody75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I work out at home too. I'm in the early part of Stage 1 also. My big problem so far is the cats watch me with that disapproving cat look their all so good at. :)
  • makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Do you think that the results can be just as good as if we were doing this at the gym?
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I've had awesome changes, great results so far. I don't see why the results wouldn't be just as good, as long as you have a barbell and dumbbells, if you didn't have both, I'd maybe doubt if results would be as good.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I work out at home too. I have a treadmiill, weight bench with barbell, dumbells (all different sizes) and an exercise ball. I make it work. I think it would be easier at the gym as there would be lots more choices but I've been doing good. I'm just finishing Stage 1 - preparing for Stage 2. Definitely noticed I'm stronger and can lift heavier. Will need to invest in some heavier dumbells soon.
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I work out at home too. I have a treadmiill, weight bench with barbell, dumbells (all different sizes) and an exercise ball. I make it work. I think it would be easier at the gym as there would be lots more choices but I've been doing good. I'm just finishing Stage 1 - preparing for Stage 2. Definitely noticed I'm stronger and can lift heavier. Will need to invest in some heavier dumbells soon.

I'm right where you are. I have the same equipment and Im about to finish stage 1 this week, two more workouts left. I looked ahead at the stage 2 exercises and the look. . . Challenging I look forward to it though. I also need heavier weight.
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Awesome!! I also have treadmill, bench, barbell and some plates, Swiss ball, sandbag and dumbbells.

I really want to make this work for me :)
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I do it all at home too =D halfway through stage 1
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    I also workout at home. I have a barbell, adj. weight dumbbells (up to 20lbs each) and the exercise ball. I am almost done with stage 1 and have noticed great results!
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    These darn holidays are stalling my workouts...I was only starting week 2 so I may just start over...it's Wednesday and i havnt done a workout yet this week. Ugh!!! Got to tonight!!!
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I work out at home - am half way through Stage 3.

I have a bench, barbells, dumbells, a rack, swiss ball and a treadmill. While not perhaps as good as a gym it means I can fit it around the rest of my life more easily and it's harder to ignore the gear all sitting waiting for me than it would be to simply not front up to the gym.
  • curlygirly80
    Options
    I do it at home as well but the only thing I don't have is a squat rack. My hubby has to step in and assist me with that part.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies ... I'm doing it at home too, just started stage 2. I've been modifying to make it work and I've gotten great results so far. I can't make excuses as to why I didn't' get the workout done when they are all here waiting for me!!
  • Willkathmum
    Willkathmum Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm at home too, my hubby also has to step in to give me the bar for my squats :smile:
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Here are some great alternatives to those who don't have a barbell or squat rack (like myself) to get through deadlifts and squats:
    http://www.jpfitness.com/showthread.php?t=46576&highlight=Squats+at+home
  • grecogab90
    grecogab90 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Here are some great alternatives to those who don't have a barbell or squat rack (like myself) to get through deadlifts and squats:
    http://www.jpfitness.com/showthread.php?t=46576&highlight=Squats+at+home

Great!! Ill take a look, thanks!
  • lofy17
    lofy17 Posts: 11
    Options
    Great post! I was just wondering the same about this! We have a piece of workout equipment that has a Lat Pull Down, Bench Press, Leg Extension, and some free weights. And from this post it sounds like that is enough for me to be able to follow this...??
  • kikilita
    kikilita Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I do! I do Jillian's Michael 30 Day Shred. And then I'd like to do some yoga, too!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Great post! I was just wondering the same about this! We have a piece of workout equipment that has a Lat Pull Down, Bench Press, Leg Extension, and some free weights. And from this post it sounds like that is enough for me to be able to follow this...??
    The only other thing you will need is an Exercise Ball (or as the book calls it, Swiss Ball).