What do you do when traveling!?

Me and the bf are traveling to Mexico and I am worried about blowing what I'm trying to do :-( Even the airport can be a temptation. What do you ladies do while traveling and not coming back five pounds heavier?

Replies

• autumnwater
    autumnwater Posts: 449 Member
    I have to travel for work and dieting is really hard when you eat out! Salad and fruit becomes a staple. If I were you I would just buy food from grocery stores since the stuff you eat out are so calorie heavy. Also in the US Starbucks has great lunch boxes like their protein box that are less than 400 calories and leave you filling satiated. Don't know if that is the case in Mexico.

Good luck!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    I'm going to continue to log to keep accountable and eat more lean meat and veggies (fresh or steamed)...I'll have dessert too but only within my allowance. I also find a hotel that has a gym or yoga so I can do that while I'm there. I'm going away in January for work and I made sure that the hotel has a gym and I might bring my exercise bands and skipping rope too. Planning is the key. Have an awesome time!!
  • SweetSailor
    SweetSailor Posts: 81 Member
    I travel for work 50-80% of my month. I always make sure there is a gym at my hotel, which means having gym access at your fingertips cuts out excuses.

I often go to a market and stock up on basics like shelf stable fruit (apples, etc), peanut butter, oatmeal, nuts and protein bars. If I have a refrigerator I get yogurt, milk, salad stuff.
    I pretty much exist on Whole Foods and Starbucks for my meals because I have the most control there, but that's in the states.

I, too, am going to Mexico in a few weeks for a meeting, and while I haven't been there in 25 years, I am looking forward to it. Fresh fish, amazing produce, warm sun. I just plan on avoiding excessive tortilla chips, modifying my food orders a bit and hitting the hotel gym and having a blast.

Have fun on your vacation!