Monday 24 Dec 2012 - Final weigh in day + result

Options
farway
farway Posts: 1,264 Member
Merry Christmas all, some of us have made it to the end, and some unfortunately did not, hope we see them back in New Year

Here is my final figure 188.6 lbs [13 st 6.6 lbs] which I shall call 13 & half stone to anyone who notices the new slimmer me this Christmas

At the start of this group, on 27 Aug weigh in I was 233.6 lbs [16st 9 lbs]

3 stones of fat gone for me, still another stone + to go but I go into the Christmas period knowing I will be at goal weight some time next year

See you in 2013 maybe for Easter challenge?

Replies

• helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Well done farway - you have done so well!

I started this challenge at 14 stone exactly (196lbs). I am finishing at 12 stone exactly (168lbs). So I have lost 2 stone, or 28lbs.

I still have another stone to go to reach target weight, but I am confident that I can do it in 2013. The biggest change for me during the last few months is how much fitter I have got - I took a 12 week Improver swimming class and can now swim lengths with confidence, and have also started c25k. If anyone had told me this time last year that I would start Christmas Eve with a 3 mile run I would have laughed all the way to the cake tin. But I did, and it feels great.

Well done to everyone who made it to the end of this challenge, your support has really helped to motivate me. And a big thank you to Helen for setting the challenge up in the first place.

Here's to a healthier, slimmer new year! :drinker:
  • tubbstattsyrup
    tubbstattsyrup Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey, wait for me.......

My weight is the same as last week 144lbs. Since August I've lost 36lbs. I fall short of my goal of 10 stone(140lbs) but I'm afraid I'm sat by my MIL's side as she is passing away. She can't go much longer, today or tomorrow. Her body is in a coma but her heart is so strong it will not give in. She is 91, has smoked for 76 years, has eaten basic fat fuelled food and lots of sweet stuff. Nothing healthy about her food lifestyle but she has really surprised medics. Food for thought eh!

Well done everyone, fantastic results. I don't know about you but another challenge after the hols would be great. I may incorporate some exercise.

Have a great break and hope to see you guys later.

Ho ho ho.
  • helyg
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your MIL tubbstattsyrup. Christmas is an awful time to lose someone, my Grandpa passed away on Boxing Day five years ago. Thinking of you x
  • farway
    Options
    Sorry about your news tubbstattsyru, seems to be a theme developing, my mother died mid December five years back, we found not just the loss but the practicalities of arrangements over the holiday period very difficult, even down to flowers for her grave. I hope all goes as well as can be expected at this time

PS she never exercised or ate healthily either, but I think that generation just slogged from dawn to dusk, fought a war, had years of rationing, never had cars, walked or cycled everywhere without a choice, and no soft option of central heating,just general tough times from childhood
  • slugkiller
    slugkiller Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Tough times Tubbs, my thoughts are with you and the missus.

My summary:

Started at 213lbs, which is over 15 stone - crikey!
    Lost 25 lbs through food control and exercise
    Now 188lbs, just under 13 and a half stone, and this afternoon I ran 7 miles along Portsmouth seafront (in a gale - well it felt like it to me!)

Very happy with my progress, thanks to you all for keeping this going. At times I think it would have been easy to stop but we all kept going and it does definately help to have to write down your stats for public view!

Have a great 2013
    :drinker: :drinker:
  • tubbstattsyrup
    tubbstattsyrup Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    MIL died Christmas Eve. Thank you for your kind words and support.
  • helyg
    Options
    Thinking of you tubbstattsyrup x
  • farway
    Options
    MIL died Christmas Eve.

So sorry for your loss, but I know,for me, it has made future Christmases more poignant , but being with the grandchildren at Christmas since then has shown life & joy goes on
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss Tubbs

When I started this back on the 1st Sept I weighed in at 12st 11.75lbs (179.75lbs)
    I said I wanted to loss 1 stone (14lbs) by Chrimbob
    This would have put my weight at 11st 11.75lbs (165.75lbs)
    On Monday I weighed in at....
    11st 11.75lbs (165.75) :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Since Sept I have also completed the C25k programme and run in my first official 5k race - I finished by taking 9 minutes off my PB by completing it within 33 minutes.
    I have also completed the NROLW programme and can now successfully deadlift 130lbs
    And I did it all by eating on average 2000 calories a day

Here's to making 2013 an amazing year! :drinker:
  • MrsTattie
    MrsTattie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you all for remaining focused, and your weight loss! I am motivated once again, weighing less than I did this time last year, but more than I did in the summer....bad days turn into weeks....
    I hope that everyone in this group has a wonderful year!
    Mrs tattie x