Menopausal Mad Hatters - Merry Christmas!

Options
Snooozie
Snooozie Posts: 3,445 Member
Good morning Hatters....

It's Christmas Eve day; and I just wanted to wish all the Hatters a very Merry Christmas, and to let you each know I consider having met all of you one of the best gifts I ever received!

So Santa won't have to bring me a thing tonight (although I wouldn't say no if a nice bottle of wine still showed up under the tree, big boy!)just saying.... LOL

Hope you all enjoy some holiday cheer with family and friends, as well as a moment or two of alone time, to celebrate the amazing progress each of you have made.... we done GOOD, ladies!!

A toast to the Hatters!!! Merry, Merry Christmas my friends! :drinker:

Replies

• tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas to all of my Hatter friends,

Baking and the like is on the agenda today and then Santa comes tonight for those of us in this household. Blended family Christmas is on the 27th. Can't wait!

I hope each and every one of you have a wonderful day and a Happy New Year! I so much appreciate all of the love, laughter and good times from all of you.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Georgia!
  • tonyacoursey
    Options
    OMG, too funny not to share. I heard the pups barking so go investigate. Buzz runs past me and I look at Delilah, she is sitting looking at me like ...What did I do. Then from out of no where Buzz comes running through the living room with my bra over his head...lmao he has the strap in his mouth and one of the cups over his head the other is trailing along beside. It is way bigger than he is even though he is now 21 pounds. Merry Christmas everyone :)
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I am sure everyone will be busy with family and friends today and tomorrow, but I wanted to stop in and wish my most supportive friends a very Merry Christmas.

I have been so very blessed stumbling into this group and becoming a apart of such a supportive bunch of ladies. You are my first and last thoughts many a day and I know I would not have been nearly as far on this journey without you support and guidance. I am a believer that things happen for a reason and I know that God knew I would have days that I would need just a little more support and put each of you here.

This new year is going to be an amazing and exciting time filled with lots of support and laughter of you ladies and for the first time in I can't remember how long and I am looking forward to it. You help me feel like I can conquer the world !!!

Well back to the cooking and decorating or if you are lucky relaxing !!! Merry Christmas my friends !!!!

* Tony bras on the heads of babies and pups are always the funniest of delights.LOLOL

*Finished my 3 month challenge today officially 29 lbs lighter. My original goal was -20, then -24 both of with I beat !!!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Tonya - HOWLING at the pup... jsut hope Fitty wasn't buried in thre when he did his run (we know he likes to hang out in that particular area!) but if it was, remember YOU get to count the calories burned since its your bra LOL

Tammy - I read your post after having to do an emergency run to replace the chocolate bar I ate from my sister's christmas stocking LOL.. as soon as I saw the seventy ONE i started doing the happy dance.. I know you so badly wanted to hit the 70 mark - and you not only DID IT.. you surpassed it!!! Way to goooooooo!!! So very happy for you my friend!!

I'm heading up to my sisters later today; we plan to try several new wines with munchies tonight while celebrating being together and watching our favourite Christmas flicks; but we made sure to include lots of fresh veggies and a healthy dip along with the treats.. my new phone will let me access MFP up there so I plan to do some logging, but a lot will be guesstimates I am totally not going to worry at all about what I eat for the next 24 hrs.... I will however.. try to just eat to my fill instead of chowing down on everything in sight (but I'm not making any promises LOL).. :bigsmile:
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Wishing all of you wonderful and delightful Hatters a VERY

merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon.gif

And this one is for you Snoozie!

grinch-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Seehee. Love it!! I saw it just before I left yesterday but didn't have a chance to reply now trying to do it from my phone lol. Ty and merry Christmas !!
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hope christmas was bright for all, even if we did not get to laugh at puppies running around with bras on their heads.
    Snoozie,thanks for the cobbler recipe, it was perfect, I made two one with apples and cranberries and one with strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and cranberries. After everyone ate, I asked if that should now be a holiday tradition, it was unanimous.
    Last Christmas I did not take any pictures, because I was so unhappy with how I looked, this Christmas I took pics and posed as well.
    Thank you hatters, your support has made a HUGE difference in my life, bring on 2013, we are ready to continue living fit! Janet
  • Snooozie
    Options
    YAY JANET!

so glad you were happy with the cobbler/crisp.. and great fruit combos you used!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas, and while we didn't have a pup with lingerie running around, my sister's ****zu was sporting a "snowflake patrol" sweater for the day LOL.. (and I did tell her about Buzz.. she wanted to know if Tonya had gotten a pic!!) :bigsmile:
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    hey everyone...

3.4 mph / 1.0 incline / 229 cals / 2.26 miles
    dreadmill after work..... no ipod...but had the mad hatters cheering me on.... "smiles"...
    the dreadmill has a track with bleachers feature - figured the mad hatters were there.... go team go....

hey seehe... can i have a pic please - from the comment above....

thanks

Carol
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    hey everyone...

3.4 mph / 1.0 incline / 229 cals / 2.26 miles
    dreadmill after work..... no ipod...but had the mad hatters cheering me on.... "smiles"...
    the dreadmill has a track with bleachers feature - figured the mad hatters were there.... go team go....

hey seehe... can i have a pic please - from the comment above....

thanks

Carol

and maybe have a pic of tonya's puppy with "accessories" in the bleacher... smiles... lol...
  • seehe
    Options
    Go Carol Go!

carol_zpsead26095.jpgcheering_edited-2_zps2507e94c.jpgbra_zps1f108f1c.jpg
  • seehe
    Options
    Sophie trying to make sure to get in her 8 glasses of water :-)
    smallsophie_edited-2_zps623d4432.jpg
  • tonyacoursey
    Options
    OMG, you ladies are hilarious. I did not get a pic of Buzz doing the run around the living room but Seehee's pic is a great representation. I love all of you and thanks for the laughs. Family Christmas went well last night and I had a blast with number 1 grandson playing WWF!
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    Love the pics seehee!

Had a wonderful Christmas with the family - hubby is the best - having leftover navy bean soup thru the yahoo!

Have a wonderful and blessed new year everyone!

Lots of work - little time, signing off..... for now....

See you later

Carol
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Seehee.. you SLAY me.... fab pictures..... !!!! captured all the right views in my head.. !!!

I was just wondering... do we want to start a topic, or even talk about... the upcoming new year in any way? I know it's a tough holiday for some too.. I'm not a big resolution setter myself for jan 1st itself anymore, prolly because the only one i ever set was always going on a diet... and this year... THAT ONE IS GONE FOREVER! yippppeeee lol... I am adjusting my profile over the next few days to reflect new goals, but I was just wondering how everyone felt about whether we want to talk about or share our thoughts for the year gone by or the new one, etc etc.... ?
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Snoozie, I hope someone has a suggestion about a topic with which we could start the New Year. This is my idea for ending 2012.
    As we reflect on the past year, I think it is important to remember that we are all SOOO much more than the numbers on the scale so here is my challenge (I need to think of mine, so I will fill it in later)
    can we each finish the following sentence-without referring to our weight---
    In 2012, I proved to myself how fabulous that I am, when I __________________.
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    Made updates on the profile.... smile baby smile, burn baby burn...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

"I'm Melting"..... too much water - ya think?:drinker: :drinker:

Go Team Go! We've Got This! :flowerforyou: :glasses:

"smokin":smokin:
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Sounds good Janet!! I will have to give it some thought as well... (I might have to leave off the fabulous but I'm up for the "I proved to myself I ___________ in 2012! :bigsmile: