Introductions :)

Options
I will start off MY name is Jessica i am 23, i have tried 30 day shred before and LOVED it
i haven't made it all the way through but the time i did do it i seen changes in my body
hopefully with this group we can have more support :)

Replies

• ksmom4
    ksmom4 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    What exactly is the 30 day shred, how does it work? I have seen others post how they have done it in the past but, not as to what you do and so forth. Thanks
  • princess0jessica
    princess0jessica Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred is designed in three levels to be done over the course of 30 days. Level 1 of the workout should be done for 10 days, Level 2 for 10, and Level 3 for 10. When you finally can complete Level 3 of this fitness program, stay there, or mix it up every once in a while. When I started Level 1, the first three days, I could not do everything. I had to severely modify it by using the weights only half the time each set and doing girly push-ups. On about Day 6, I could almost do the whole thing. Feel free to stay on Level 1 until you can master it, then move to Level 2. You do not have to move up every 10 days.
  • ficblob
    ficblob Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have the DVD. I started it back in October but never got past like 7 days. I did love it though.
    Cant wait to get started and see some results!!
  • klp63
    klp63 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would love to start this. I saw the youtube video for level one and seems doable. I'm looking to really make some changes. :)
  • princess0jessica
    Options
    yay im glad to get some members here! i love the dvd and with yall here we can make this happen..

did yall put your info on the spread sheet?
  • ficblob
    Options
    I will be working on getting my measurements tonight and adding them.
  • princess0jessica
    Options
    :) put them when ever maybe we should up date them every 10 days what do you think?
  • ficblob
    Options
    How about 7 days. We can make it a weekly thing.. This way we can turn it into a 5 week cycle. Allowing for 5 rest days to be taken at our leisure and allow our muscles to rest. Then this would give us 4 updates and less waiting time to see our progress.
  • princess0jessica
    Options
    ok that sounds fine ! i have the spreadsheet ready for 1st and 2nd measurements
  • ficblob
    Options
    Awesome!
    How would you go about tracking this in the exercise section of MFP? I wish I could just put in "JM 30 Day Shred Level 1"
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to do day 3. I struggle with it, but I think it's cuz I'm so outta shape. Add me if you like!
  • princess0jessica
    Options
    ive had alot of people tell me to log it under Circuit training, general...
  • ficblob
    Options
    Okay. Thats what I'll do then. Cant wait to do this and not feel out of breath.
  • Cathelle
    Options
    This sounds like a great way to start off the new year. I'm in. :smile: My knees are finally well enough to take this on.
    Cathy
  • princess0jessica
    Options
    :) cathy be sure to add your measurements to the spreadsheet if you want, its a easy way to track your loss
  • ksmom4
    Options
    Ahh, ok I get it now. I will have to go watch the video on YouTube as I have had back surgery and have a ton of hardware in my back (surgeon said it was the most he had ever put in a person to give you an idea of how much).
  • ksmom4
    Options
    P.S. thanks princess0jess for helping explain it to me. Sounds interesting and from what I have read from people that have done it, no matter what level, the have lost.
  • princess0jessica
    Options
    no problem, if yall have any questions please feel free to ask :)
  • lfcartz
    Options
    I just found this group today, after I had completed my Level 1 workout.

I'm 43, married and have a 7 year old daughter. I work full time and usually by the time I get home from work I have no desire to workout but I'm hating the way I look. I had lost 10 pounds back in February through March of this year and have gained it all back so I'm wanting to get in better shape.

I've had 30 Day Shred for quite a while now but have never completed a 30 day cycle so I'm glad I stumbled upon this group. I will do 30 DS 3times a week and cardio on the other 3 days a week, 2 days of the Cardio will be Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and the other day will be at the gym on Saturdays (swimming lessons for my daughter that day).

I look forward to getting to know everyone!
  • ficblob
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!! Can't wait to kick JM's Butt!!