Worried

Options
reerazzle
reerazzle Posts: 81 Member
Hello everyone,

I am looking for everyones help. Just to say that my last three AC1 have been above 7.0 and my last one was 7.7. My fasting BG is never below 142 and can be up to 164 in the morning. Am currently abroad and away from my doctor. Since my last AC1 I have been exercising and been trying to eat less then 150 g of carbs. I am not seeing my BGs come down. Help! I don't get back to the US until February 2013 and can't see my own doctor until then. I think I suffer from the dawn effect.

I take 2x 1000 mg of metamorphin extend release morning and night.

Any insight, advice or plan of action would be a great help!

Thanks.

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Am currently abroad...
    Has your diet changed significantly?

For myself, it's much easier to control my dietary intake when I'm at home compared to being on the road.

Can you ramp up the exercise? Add in some resistance training if you're only doing cardio right now.
  • Gentyl
    Gentyl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am looking for everyones help. Just to say that my last three AC1 have been above 7.0 and my last one was 7.7. My fasting BG is never below 142 and can be up to 164 in the morning. Am currently abroad and away from my doctor. Since my last AC1 I have been exercising and been trying to eat less then 150 g of carbs. I am not seeing my BGs come down. Help! I don't get back to the US until February 2013 and can't see my own doctor until then. I think I suffer from the dawn effect.

I take 2x 1000 mg of metamorphin extend release morning and night.

Any insight, advice or plan of action would be a great help!

Thanks.

I would strongly advise that you lower your carb intake. It seems that your body is having a great deal of trouble processing them. I'm on the same medication that you are on and the only thing that brings my BGs way down is to seriously limit the amount of carbs I take in. For me, it has to be less than 30 grams per Day. This is not the case for everyone, but your BGs remind me of mine when I was eating 150 grams of carbs a day. Try cutting them in half and let us know how you are doing.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I agree with lowering your carb intake. I try to stay under 100g a day.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open, so it's impossible to give any real suggestions. However, as others stated, if your numbers aren't where they should be, it's due to excessive carb intake. Everyone's version of "excessive" is different, but I'd also suggest slashing your carb count in half for a week and see where that takes you
  • reerazzle
    reerazzle Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the great feedback. I will cut my carb intake next week substantially and see if that helps with the numbers. I am currently on assignment abroad so diet has not been fluctuating due to travel. However, from September onwards I had become careless about my food and was not taking care.

Please keep your suggestions coming.