What moment was the final straw?

Options
124»

Replies

• ladyshands
    Options
    seeing my face look extra swollen on some photos...

Being in prediabetic range on my A1C bloodwork... I just cant be a diabetic because I made poor choices in my diet! there is no excuse,.
  • ladyshands
    Options
    Last summer was my moment; I love to like nice especially nice & neat. So I hate to see rolls or muffin tops. I was raised old school women wore girdles and slips (I wore Spanx) we never let it all hang out or over. Myself I never been stomach heavy even as a big girl, however, that was beginning to change my stomach was starting to protrude and I would put on like 2-3 Spanx to hide it, the tank top one, the high waisted panty and control tops. It was too hot for that foolishness. So on August 20, 2012 I began my journey and now 7 months later I am 87lbs lighter from 285-290lbs to now 203lbs from a 16-18 to a very tight 10 or perfect 12 in any store oh by the way my height is 5”9. I could not take it anymore, being the over-weight wife (although my husband didn’t care, he married me at 250lbs actually wants me to stop losing weight. But I felt bad about myself because I knew I could be better, because I had been better. I was tired of telling my daughter how good I use to look when I was younger, now she sees for herself…Boom!

LOVE THIS!!!! ^^^ and I too believe in the girdle and tucking it in.... unfortunately since my face and midsection seem to be the ONLY places I gain, the warmer seasons make it so hard
  • LOOKatSHAY
    Options
    I just recently traveled on an air plane and I know I had picked up a few pounds but I was unaware of how much... however I went to put the seat belt on and it wouldn't reach. I was so ashamed I just put my coat over my lap so the flight attendants couldn’t see it. I was too embarrassed to ask for a seat belt extender. And the man next to me wanted his arm rest down but it kept moving up because my hips were spilling over into his seat making the arm rest rise. :0(
  • kidakiwi
    kidakiwi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My ah ha moment was when I was looking through my pics on facebook and realized that in every single one of them was either of my shoulders and up or I was hiding behind someone with just my face showing. I did not have a single full (or partial) body shot. Im sick of being the biggest one of my friends. Really tired of dating the guys who are only attracted to me because of my weight. Sick and tired of having to shop in the plus sized section of the store. Fed up with being referred to as the fat one at work. I am done with being the happy fat one, Why can't I just be the happy fit one?

A couple of weeks ago my roommate and her friends held a kickball game that she didn't even think to invite me to because she didn't think that I would be interested since I am bigger. (her words not mine).

So I guess you can say this has been a long time coming. But I finally am doing it,
  • dandesmomi523
    dandesmomi523 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Final straw moment for me was when I burst out of my favorite pair of jeans. Just a nice big fat girl hole right there in the legs. I finally threw them away and have since obtained a new pair of jeans that I cant quite fit in but am determined to!!
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    When me and my husband went to FinishLine to get Notre Dame hoodies (MEN'S) and we both tried them on at the same time in front of each other to see how they fit over our clothes. He suggested I get a 2 X so that I would have room over my shirt and a comfortable fit, and when I tried it on, it was TOO TIGHT!! I was soooooo embarassed!! That was it!!!
  • mduverne1
    mduverne1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Going shopping and realizing everything I liked doesn't fit and I was looking in the size 12 rack. I was already size 14 leaning to size sixteen. I lost my waist and my belly going south now. Enough is Enough!!!!!:sad:
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I was headed toward the 200 mark and realized I was almost the size my mom was when she died of a heart attack (she was an insulin dependent diabetic). I don't want my son to lose his mom at 25 like I did, and I want to live healthy!
  • marieskee
    marieskee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    This all happened in a day!
    First I got approached by the owner of a modeling agency she was telling me that I would be a perfect fit in her Plus-size division! NO way I thought me, plus size model, no thanks thinking I'm thick not fat haha!

Then I was telling my co-workers about it and we all laughed, no biggie then one of my male co-workers pulled me aside and said "you are the prettiest girl that works here but your body needs some work, badly hahahaha" I dont give a hoot about being pretty i want to be healthy. I laughed it off and said he was just kidding.

But my final straw was when I went home and took a picture of myself and noticed I looked like a linebacker ugh! Let me tell you, I held back those tears and saved them for my workouts! That was a moment I will never forget! Enough is enough i had to change.

I changed my lifestyle completely on April 14 2013, and while it hasn't been that long, I feel amazing and would not trade that for anything.
  • Suggababi
    Suggababi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    when the attendant at Six Flags and to come push my seat down sevral times for it to secure.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    When I slept on my side and felt my STOMACH FAT roll to the side and rest on the mattress with me (if that makes sense). When I have to "position" my hands so that my husband doesnt snuggle holding my stomach fat - thats a problem.

I KNOW he loves me unconditionally (I was overweight when we got married), but I want to feel good about myself (at least the way I look - I dont suffer from low self esteem/confidence)!