App for strength training routine

Options
andeey
andeey Posts: 709 Member
I work with my trainer three days a week and in the past, I've supplemented with basic cardio (elliptical, etc.) on other days. But recently, my trainer sat down with me to devise a "routine" of sorts that I can follow. The routine is very flexible in that it has some sample stuff we currently do and he's put together "pairing" like a push/pull day, etc.

Sample:

Squats - 4x20
Lunges - 4x20

OR

Deadlifts - 3x15
Shoulder press - 3x15

The exact exercise can be switched up (like KB swings in lieu of deadlifts) and he wants me to challenge the weight, so those aren't static.

Anyway, it's more of list but I want to put something into my iPhone so that when I'm at the gym, I can reference what he suggested and then ensure I'm varying the routine up compared to what I do with him or what I did last time. Does anyone have any suggestions? It doesn't need to be too complicated, and eventually, I think I'll want to add the amount of weight/sets/reps and all that fun stuff, but for now, it's just listing and tracking. I don't want to use a word or spreadsheet program, though. Thanks.

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I do not use them but I know fitocracy is popular as is jefit. I actually want to look into this myself so am glad you posted this topic.
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Love Jefit!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Jefit. The nice think is that is has a countdown timer between sets.

Only draw back is you only list your reps and sets. You enter the amount use lift when you finish a set, but the first time, you'll have to jot down your initial weights.

I do the following

I list my reps and weights on evernote
    I track everything on Jefit.
  • andeey
    Options
    Thanks! I'll give Jefit a go and see how that works out for me. Cheers! :drinker:
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    another vote for jefit
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    another vote for jefit

+1

I've tried many of them and always go back to JeFit.
  • andeey
    Options
    OK, super quick follow-up ... got Jefit and I love it already! It's super robust and looks like it's going to be just what I need for storing and tracking my workouts. I love that there are some pre-set workouts, too. Anyway, looks like a winner!