Anyone else a little worried about this week's weigh-in?

Options
I tried to be good, but Christmas got the better of me and I'm really bummed already because I'm sure, if anything, I might have gained this week. I'm trying to cut myself some slack, because it was the holidays, but I don't want to become complacent and make excuses for not being on target. Anyone else feeling this way?

Replies

• jbnl1991
    jbnl1991 Posts: 149
    Options
    Yes! Yes! Yes!

I am sure my weight will be up tomorrow just because of the extra alcohol, sodium and wheat I have eaten. I will remind myself that it is just water weight and will come off by next week. I am having to remind myself that eating a VLCD these next few days is NOT the way to treat my body right. It deserves to have healthy food and enough of it to work (and work out) properly.

We are all in the same boat. Let's just push through it together!
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am in the same boat too. On top of that the scale taunts me everytime I had nightshift and i just finished them yesterday and the cherry on top is my TOM. SO weight in tomorow will be harsh!

BUT this year I made better choices than the last years, even though I did not stay in my cals and that is something that pleases me imensely even if the scale will be up, cause I know it would be so much worse if I would have binged like I used to do!

So tomorrow I will step on the scale, put in the number on MFP, be mad for five minutes that it is up that much and then I will go to do some exercise! At least that is the plan!:smile:

Let us think of the better choices we made, as small as they may were and we get back to "normal" right away!
  • junerbooner
    junerbooner Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I did better than I thought I would. I lost, gained, lost, gained, lost the same pound during this past week. I had family here for 6 days to cook for. That was hard enough to manage with all those goodies I was baking for them. I still have another big Christmas dinner to get through with my 3 step-daughters in the first weekend of Jan. After that, I can breathe again and get back on my routine of eating health and exercising more. Yep, tomorrow won't see me gain anything, but I won't have lost either.:cry:
  • nana6799
    nana6799 Posts: 262
    Options
    An awesome success story that will be encouraging to you gals. Next week is the New Year so if you gained this week then you will just be more determined to get with it! No bad talking to yourselves...like spacecurly said, think of the positives and where you were last Christmas regarding weight, health, eating habits, self-image..... Share those!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/827055-sometimes-it-starts-with-a-picture
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Yes! Yes! Yes!

I am sure my weight will be up tomorrow just because of the extra alcohol, sodium and wheat I have eaten. I will remind myself that it is just water weight and will come off by next week. I am having to remind myself that eating a VLCD these next few days is NOT the way to treat my body right. It deserves to have healthy food and enough of it to work (and work out) properly.

We are all in the same boat. Let's just push through it together!

Very true, I will be mindful and try to take good care of myself, and not beat myself up too much. Just keep on keeping on. And I really need to get my butt to the gym. ;)
  • littlewhittles
    Options
    Yes, I am in the same boat too. On top of that the scale taunts me everytime I had nightshift and i just finished them yesterday and the cherry on top is my TOM. SO weight in tomorow will be harsh!

BUT this year I made better choices than the last years, even though I did not stay in my cals and that is something that pleases me imensely even if the scale will be up, cause I know it would be so much worse if I would have binged like I used to do!

So tomorrow I will step on the scale, put in the number on MFP, be mad for five minutes that it is up that much and then I will go to do some exercise! At least that is the plan!:smile:

Let us think of the better choices we made, as small as they may were and we get back to "normal" right away!

That is a great way to think of it, I made BETTER choices than I have in the past.
  • littlewhittles
    Options
    I did better than I thought I would. I lost, gained, lost, gained, lost the same pound during this past week. I had family here for 6 days to cook for. That was hard enough to manage with all those goodies I was baking for them. I still have another big Christmas dinner to get through with my 3 step-daughters in the first weekend of Jan. After that, I can breathe again and get back on my routine of eating health and exercising more. Yep, tomorrow won't see me gain anything, but I won't have lost either.:cry:

I'm a little worried because I still have a big New Years' Eve party, but I will try to make the best choices, hit the gym, and still have a good time. Then, on 1/1/13, I will buckle down!
  • littlewhittles
    Options
    An awesome success story that will be encouraging to you gals. Next week is the New Year so if you gained this week then you will just be more determined to get with it! No bad talking to yourselves...like spacecurly said, think of the positives and where you were last Christmas regarding weight, health, eating habits, self-image..... Share those!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/827055-sometimes-it-starts-with-a-picture

Good point! I had just started my journey last Christmas, so I was over 200 lbs, and even though I was trying to be mindful of food, I was at my "in-laws" so I couldn't be diligent. I tried much harder this year, and will likely only be 1-2 lbs over. But I will be back on track on 1/1/13!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I will admit, I didn't really try to be good :) Did not get to enjoy Thanksgiving, so I went all out on Christmas eve. I had a ton of stuffing, gravy, sweet potatoes, and turkey. The best part was this dessert my sister in law ordered through a lady at her church, a cherry pie baked inside a chocolate cake. I don't even like cherries, but it was so damn good.lol. I didn't work out on Christmas eve either, so I felt terrible when we got home. We had made breakfast with our older 2 in the morning and baked sugar cookies in the evening before going to dinner. And I ate more than I normally would since I didn't track my food. My whole day was just bad food and I felt sick by the time we walked in the front door. Got back to it yesterday though, although I did have some chocolate :) My body was still in protest this morning, but a good workout and reminding myself I did way better than last year helped. Perspective is key, for me anyways. Last year I would have just ate crappy the whole month and would've told myself I'll start taking care of myself first thing in January. It's one day to a week out of the year, depending how you celebrate, so try not to let it get you down!!