update on my (single peeps) new profile results

Options
4themoney
4themoney Posts: 797 Member
profile via you guys ;-)
so, i haven't really had any action. lots of views, but that's about it.
i think i've received 2 winks, maybe 3.......
and i got messages from 3 people, none of whom i have any interest in.

i will say, it's nice to know that i made it so those interested in a casual situation are no longer messaging me. on the other hand, it kinda sucks to know that i have a pretty much non-exisitant market interested in someone like me. even the guys that claim they are christian and are looking for a girl that is, are not interested. so, that kinda stinks. but, what can you do?

i haven't been contacted and exchanged numbers or been asked on a date in over a month. for some reason match.com renewed my account ( payment) for another month. i didn't want it to and canceled it, but it appeared to anyway. so, i have like 2.5/3 weeks left and then i'm shutting it all down and becoming an introverted recluse ;-) LOL!

just wanted to keep you posted of my situation :-)

Replies

• Music_is_my_soul
    Music_is_my_soul Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Dana honey don't think that its you. I find that most of the men on match are ****s! I have had better luck with POF than I have with Match. Don't give up. You will find someone to love you and your kids! :)

Love you girl!

if not.. move to AZ and we will be lovers!!! :bigsmile: :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I think you told us you were mormon. Do you have your religion as LDS on the profile? That may deter the Christian men to whom you were referring. I wouldn't recommend changing it on your profile. It is who you are but it may offer an explanation.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Most of the "good guys" on match don't bother reading profiles. There are WAY to many females on there and you can't waste hours upon hours reading profiles that all sound the same. If they are initially attracted, they'll e-mail. During the course of the e-mail exchange, they will pay close attention to what you write.

The players read profiles because they can detect when a women lacks confidence and pray upon that. Your initial profile reeked of uncertainty and lacked confidence, so the player-types thrived on that and gave it a shot. Now that you have a good profile, that'll keep the players at bay.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    It could be a combination of factors...especially those arleady mentioned: If you indicate you are LDS, that may limit the men that email; I've had zero luck on Match and actually found the pool better on POF (as strange as that sounds); it could also be that it's Christmas time, I've heard some guys say that they stop trying to date at this time of year becasue women are more emotional. So, who knows what's going on. But, at least you're not getting the emails from the players. That's always a good thing. :)
  • 4themoney
    Options
    not complaining. just updating. i'm am very grateful to be done with the "players"!!! i mean, i'm sure i can still end up with one or two, but i think they are less likely to bother me now. which is very very very nice. :-)

if i could move to AZ, i would!!!!! we'd make a great couple ;-)
    Dana honey don't think that its you. I find that most of the men on match are ****s! I have had better luck with POF than I have with Match. Don't give up. You will find someone to love you and your kids! :)

Love you girl!

if not.. move to AZ and we will be lovers!!! :bigsmile: :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • 4themoney
    Options
    I do. it's christian/LDS. i'm not going to change it. mormons are christians :-)
    i have that i'm looking for christian/ LDS and christian/ protestant.
    most of the guys are either christian/ protestant or christian/other though a couple LDS guys have looked, they have that they drink which means they aren't really practicing LDS....... so, i'm not interested :-)
    I think you told us you were mormon. Do you have your religion as LDS on the profile? That may deter the Christian men to whom you were referring. I wouldn't recommend changing it on your profile. It is who you are but it may offer an explanation.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I do. it's christian/LDS. i'm not going to change it. mormons are christians :-)
    i have that i'm looking for christian/ LDS and christian/ protestant.
    most of the guys are either christian/ protestant or christian/other though a couple LDS guys have looked, they have that they drink which means they aren't really practicing LDS....... so, i'm not interested :-)

Well, good luck then! I hope everything works out in your favor!
  • MikeM53082
    Options
    @4themoney When you quote people, why do write your reply *above* their quote? I've been wondering that for quite some time, I was just curious.

Also, we all have our deal breakers when it comes to dating. My only deal breaker is that I won't date a women who has a cats or dogs. Primarily because I'm heavily allergic and don't like to deal with the hair.

Is religion an absolute deal breaker for you? There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but It seems that it would greatly narrow down your pool of potential suitors. I've met women who will only date Jewish men. Lucky for them, south Florida has a extremely large Jewish population, so it works for them. I think they would have a tough time meeting their Jewish-only requirement if they lived almost anywhere else in the country.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    @4themoney

Is religion an absolute deal breaker for you? There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but It seems that it would greatly narrow down your pool of potential suitors. I've met women who will only date Jewish men. Lucky for them, south Florida has a extremely large Jewish population, so it works for them. I think they would have a tough time meeting their Jewish-only requirement if they lived almost anywhere else in the country.

I agree, but I come with a different perspective to the discussion Mike. I'm not sure that there are enough Mormon men in her area. Also, Mormons marry very young and those marriages usually last. You don't usually see Mormon guys rockin' out in their late 30s looking for a new lady friend. So I think expanding the pool makes sense here.

As for the Jewish population in South FL, my guess is that there are more Jews in Broward and Palm Beach Counties than in Dade. Dade County (Miami) is mostly Hispanic. Not a lot of Hispanic Jews. There can be hot Latinas down there. If one lives in Dade County, I think you've got to have a thing for hot Latinas. :tongue:
  • 4themoney
    Options
    i don't know. it annoys me reading it the other way. so, i do it this way :-)

religion isn't a deal breaker i suppose........ yes, there is a lack of single LDS men in MY area. but, there is a general lack of single men in my area too, LOL!!! Non Utah Mormons don't get married AS young. I know several guys in their mid to late 20s that don't even have girlfriends. we have the wash Dc Temple here. so, there are a decent number of single mormons in the area. i just never get the chance to meet any of them. there is a singles dance dec. 31, but i have my kids so i won't be going to that.

in general i want to meet someone that is totally ok with religion. and how i spend my Sundays, and the fact that i pray, and don't swear, etc. but, if they say they're LDS and they drink or smoke, i'm not interested because someone that is actually an active member of the church, they aren't drinking or smoking :-)
    @4themoney When you quote people, why do write your reply *above* their quote? I've been wondering that for quite some time, I was just curious.

Also, we all have our deal breakers when it comes to dating. My only deal breaker is that I won't date a women who has a cats or dogs. Primarily because I'm heavily allergic and don't like to deal with the hair.

• RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options

in general i want to meet someone that is totally ok with religion. and how i spend my Sundays, and the fact that i pray, and don't swear, etc. but, if they say they're LDS and they drink or smoke, i'm not interested because someone that is actually an active member of the church, they aren't drinking or smoking :-)

I know this is not what you're going to want to hear, but limiting the drinking to none at all is going to severely limit your possibilities. Not saying you won't meet anyone, but it's going to be limiting. Also, I really hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but I'm looking for a Christian man as well...one that will accept my Sundays and church practices, hopefully one day be a part of those. I do know that limits my choices as well, but I've further limited mine by excluding LDS men from my search. This is because I know I don't meet the standards set forth within the church (I drink). So, you may be having some issues where men are not emailing because of that, as well as some that are just not familiar with the mormon/LDS lifestyle and not comfortable emailing.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options

Tell the girls to emigrate to the Twin Cities! Plenty of Jewish people up here!
  • 4themoney
    Options
    on match i chose none at all and socially for drinking. you can choose more than one.
    i did a search and there are actually several pages of guys from 30-45 in a 40 mi radius of me that have don't drink at all. the guy that i went on those couple of dates with ( and then he poofed) most recently, he was a NON drinker.

there is a guy on match.com that works at my gym. he hasn't been on match.com in over 3 weeks, but i see him every single time i go to the gym. he's listed as a NON drinker too. and he's HOT!!!! and my age! and divorced! so, i know they are out there.

i'm guessing i'm just not what those guys are looking for though ( looks wise). since so much of online dating is first impressions :-)

I know this is not what you're going to want to hear, but limiting the drinking to none at all is going to severely limit your possibilities. Not saying you won't meet anyone, but it's going to be limiting. Also, I really hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but I'm looking for a Christian man as well...one that will accept my Sundays and church practices, hopefully one day be a part of those. I do know that limits my choices as well, but I've further limited mine by excluding LDS men from my search. This is because I know I don't meet the standards set forth within the church (I drink). So, you may be having some issues where men are not emailing because of that, as well as some that are just not familiar with the mormon/LDS lifestyle and not comfortable emailing.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Maybe online dating just isn't for you? From your thread a while back we learned that you have the potential to come across differently in person than online. Add to that lots of kids, a fairly strict religious preference.. and that is in addition to all the other factors that people select and discard people online for. Maybe you might have more luck in person..through your church community?
  • 4themoney
    Options
    yeah, i'm finishing up these next couple of weeks then i'm done.
    i've met a lot of people online, just none of them have turned out to want to be in a relationship or are looking for one.
    so, it probably isn't for me :-)

i don't have any way to meet anyone from church either though. when i go sundays there isn't even ONE single man there that is between 25-45, LOL. there are 4 single women between 30-40, but no single men. it's just the way it goes :-)

i just wanted to update everyone since you were all so nice to help me!!! just keep ya in the loop ya know :-)

thanks!
  • MikeM53082
    Options
    Not a lot of Hispanic Jews. There can be hot Latinas down there. If one lives in Dade County, I think you've got to have a thing for hot Latinas. :tongue:

Guilty as charged! I love dem Spanish wimmenz!

I've actually met a handful of Cuban Jews down here. We refer to them as "Jewbans". :laugh:
  • MikeM53082
    Options

I can actually understand this. I prefer that my partner doesn't drink in excess or smoke. I'll have 2-3 drinks when I go out, but don't *really* drink and haven't done so in years. I'm an occasional cigar smoker, but I'd prefer if my partner doesn't smoke cigarettes on a regular basis. (hypocritical? perhaps)

Are you staunchly against all alcohol consumption or just consumption in excess?

This might sound like a silly question, but what's up with Mormons and trampolines? Every single Mormon family I knew growing up had a trampoline in their backyard.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

I can actually understand this. I prefer that my partner doesn't drink in excess or smoke. I'll have 2-3 drinks when I go out, but don't *really* drink and haven't done so in years. I'm an occasional cigar smoker, but I'd prefer if my partner doesn't smoke cigarettes on a regular basis. (hypocritical? perhaps)

Are you staunchly against all alcohol consumption or just consumption in excess?

This might sound like a silly question, but what's up with Mormons and trampolines? Every single Mormon family I knew growing up had a trampoline in their backyard.

I think the issue is saying they are LDS and then state they drink since it is against their religion but if someone said they were Christian and drank socially it wouldn't be an issue.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Like I said in the critique thread where we re-wrote Dana’s profile, I, too, want someone who doesn’t drink or smoke and who shares my VERY strict religious views. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/818767-since-people-have-offered?page=4

Unfortunately, this WILL eliminate most of the decent guys who could ask you out. When I did a search on “never drinks” on Match I got 7 guys who all looked like weirdos! When I did the next step up (I think it was “occasional or social) I got over 500 guys. So I opened up my criteria and met a wide variety of men, including a few who DON’T drink but DIDN’T say so in their profile because it would limit THEIR online dating matches.

A friend of mine kept her settings strict, got no dates. She *SAID* she’d rather have one date per year with someone who could be a real possibility than have all the dates I had that didn’t work out. But then she was always complaining that she never got asked out. I have a boyfriend. She doesn’t. Decide what’s most important and then go for it.

Switching your settings to loosen up drinking and LDS requirements does NOT mean you have to settle for a guy who drinks or doesn’t practice your faith. It just means you get more opportunities to go out on dates which will build up your confidence and put you closer to meeting that perfect LDS guy.
  • 4themoney
    Options
    hmmm, i don't know. i didn't grow up around any mormons :-) i know a couple families that have trampolines now, but it's not limited to them being LDS. i am getting my kids one though, LOL! for me, it's because it's a fun way to spend time outside with your siblings and even mom can get in on the fun!

oh, i don't drink, but i don't care if others around me drink. i have girlfriends that call me to pick them up drunk from wineries in the area. it is suggested to us to stay away from alcohol. it's a personal choice still, but most who are active in the church choose not to drink. i choose not to drink because i don't need any help in lowering my inhibitions or helping me be comfortable out in public. i am crazy enough without alcohol in my system ;-) but i'll go to bars and sit with others while they drink. and i'll pick up your drunk butt and take you anywhere you wanna go!

I think the issue is saying they are LDS and then state they drink since it is against their religion but if someone said they were Christian and drank socially it wouldn't be an issue.