Bruise healing time?

Options
bathsheba_c
bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
How long do you guys find it takes for your martial arts bruises to heal? Before I started krav maga, if I had a bruise, it would be more or less gone in a few days. Now my bruises take over a week, and I don't know if it's because I'm getting more serious bruises or what.

Replies

• Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    Mine take about a week to heal.
  • raygunn_viola
    raygunn_viola Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    about a week, but I've had some large bruises or deep bruises that would take almost 2 weeks to heal...however I bruise very easily
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    about a week I'd say.. mostly on my feet.
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    You guys heal up quick..I bruise easily and they seem to linger around for so long..I'm still sporting a wee bit of bruising from my fights on the 15th.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Depends on where the bruise is and how long you have been striking with that area. When I first started doing shin conditioning a few years ago I could barely hit this conditioning bag that we have (it's a leather teardrop bag filled with sand and concrete). And after hitting it I would have a lot of big bruises on my shins that would take about a week to heal. Now I kick the same bag harder, longer, and rarely ever any bruises. I went through the same process with my elbows/forearms.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Glad to know I don't have a blood disorder or something. :) My mom wasn't too happy when I was bragging about my bruises. "This is an offensive wound. Now *this* is a defensive wound."
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    lol the main healing rules...Follow the colors :laugh:

Red, Blue/Purple, Green, Yellow and Black