PUMPING UP YOUR METABOLISM

Options
YO-YO dieting harms our metabolism.When our calorie levels drop too low,our body's survival mechanism kicks in,lowering our metabolism.When you go off of that crash diet and begin to eat normally again,you gain back all of the weight you lost,plus some additional weight,& then comes another crash diet.Now you need to shock your metabolism,you have to allow your body time to adapt to a new metabolic set point,by being consistent you will force your body to adapt.Now for the game plan.*(1)Set your daily caloric intake at 12 calories per pound of weight.(For example,my weight is 117;117x12=1,404calories a day.)Stick to this calorie allowance like glue for the next 2months,depending on your metabolism.This will allow your body to adapt to a new metabolic set point accordingly.(2.)The best way to pump up your metabolism is to exercise.You'll be burning calories during your exercise,but also up to 48hours after,all the while increasing lean muscle tissue,which speeds the metabolism for the long term.*Aim for( 5) hours of exercise a week if possible.But no fewer than (3)hours a week. Okay that does it,let's aim to boost our metabolism and try to do those 5 hours or more of exercise a week .We can do it!!:wink::flowerforyou: :blushing:

Replies

• tbellamy1
    Options
    This is great info. Metabolism reset worked for me!!! :drinker: I did a reset for 8 weeks and then cut 15% and now Im back to losing again. I wish more people would understand the dangers of VLCD and the silent effects it has on our bodies.
  • VivaciousVic
    VivaciousVic Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm scared... Because I weigh a LOT more than 117, :-( do I still do the 12 per pound?? If thats the case I'm going to be eating a MESS LOAD of FOOD... Please assist... Is there a limit that I shouldn't go over?? I'm all for trying new things to crack my metabolism into shape, but I don't think me eating over 3500 calaries a day will help. Let me know.