Introduce Yourself :)

Options
Hi my name is Jackie, a Mexican-Filipino and is living in Manila, Philippines. Even though I already reached my goal weight but I still keep on improving myself. Right now my goal is 17% body fat and to have a more rock solid body. Got to admit that avoiding rice as much as possible is such a very challenging thing to do but am trying.

Replies

• Mefanie
    Mefanie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My name is Stefanie, a Vietnamese-Mexican American, living in the CO Rockies. Born and raised in Arizona, I was used to a very active lifestyle year-round. There is an abundance of fresh foods in AZ and it was very easy to eat a clean and fresh diet. The Vietnames and Mexican cultures both appreciate fresh ingredients.Having moved to a small mountain town where meat and potatoes rule 6 years ago, it has become more challenging to be healthy. I have begun to hibernate in the winters because I don't like the cold and have noticed that the pounds started to creep on. I really think joining this group will help remind me of the way I used to live and help bring back the fresh diet I used to eat back home. I am proud of my Vietnamese heritage. Thanks for starting this group!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    My name is Stefanie, a Vietnamese-Mexican American, living in the CO Rockies. Born and raised in Arizona, I was used to a very active lifestyle year-round. There is an abundance of fresh foods in AZ and it was very easy to eat a clean and fresh diet. The Vietnames and Mexican cultures both appreciate fresh ingredients.Having moved to a small mountain town where meat and potatoes rule 6 years ago, it has become more challenging to be healthy. I have begun to hibernate in the winters because I don't like the cold and have noticed that the pounds started to creep on. I really think joining this group will help remind me of the way I used to live and help bring back the fresh diet I used to eat back home. I am proud of my Vietnamese heritage. Thanks for starting this group!
    Yeah I agree with Mexican and Asian cultures appreciating fresh ingredients. As much as possible I prefer to cook at home and do everything from scratch.

Welcome to the group :)
  • sergeantmaggot
    Options
    Hello~
    My name is Danica and I am Filipino as well! :)
    I live on the East Coast of the USA, growing up in Northern cities, then moved down to the South about 6 years ago. In the city, processed foods surrounded me and it was really really easy to lead an unhealthy lifestyle. But moving to the South has offered easier access to organic and fresh food, and thus started my journey to eating healthier about a year ago :) I have lost 15 pounds so far.
    My family at home cook a lot of different Asian foods, which means sodium is prevalent in our dishes. Fortunately, I was able to to convince them to start cleaning up their ingredients and now the whole family is eating healthy without losing our Far East diet :)
    Looking forward to hearing from everyone ^^
  • msjay4
    msjay4 Posts: 5
    Options
    Another filipino as well! (probably because filipino food is all fried!) I gained lots of weight post college and just recently lost 30lbs. Hoping to get down 10lbs-15lbs.
  • Adobogirl
    Adobogirl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi hi, my name is Nanette representing heritage from the Philippines! If anyone said Asian food was healthy must not have ever been to a family party of mine; everything is lovingly caressed with oil somehow. None of this affected me when I was younger because I was an athlete and addicted to a game called Dance Dance Revolution. Anyway, I hail from Detroit, Michigan where the winters are cold and the food is good and cheap. The many visits to mom and pop restaurants with offerings from different parts of the globe caught up to me and now I'm on a journey to change my lifestyle for the better. I'm in the process of controlling my portions and being more active. Currently, I walk but want to run and hoping another round of physical therapy on my leg will get me there. Other than that, I'm loving the community and the friends I've made here on MFP! :D
  • SueJ728
    SueJ728 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Sue. I'm 29yo. I'll be 30 in July :D. I gained 30lbs after having 2 kids and felt really icky about myself. I wasn't used to my new body and definitely didn't WANT to get used to it! I needed something hardcore so I joined Orange Theory fitness. I was so sore the first month! Even sitting down hurt!! It was a great way to get things kick started. I started my gym's weight loss challenge and lost 10lbs! MFP is great, and I love the motivation.

Add me as a friend if you'd like =). I like getting ideas for meals.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Will, originally from Indonesia but now living in the States in Indiana. I've always had cholesterol problem since a while back, and that combined with a marital issue finally pushed me to pursue a healthier lifestyle for good. In January I started working out, counting calories, and eating healthier. I now workout about 3-5 times a week, sometimes more.

Feel free to add me!
  • StevenjHaley
    Options
    Hello, I am Steven, I am English but I live in Guangzhou, China. I find it really hard logging food correctly especially as most dinners consist of three or four plates of food that you pick from, mini buffet style - I am sure you get the gist.
  • chidori_nep
    chidori_nep Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Alyssa, 27 yo from Malaysia. Had been having a yoyo diet n weight since young, and now I've ballooned back to the heaviest I've ever been! With appearing obese on photos, unable to fit 80% of my wardrobe, and feeling extremely unhealthy with crushed self esteem, I vow to cut off the fats and weight and keep it down for good this time round.

The current society tends to make people overweight rather than keep slim n healthy.

Looking for active mobile friends using MFP to motivate each other and share food diaries.

Feel free to add me if we are on the same page!!
  • HeartIcare
    HeartIcare Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm RongHua Dutch-Chinese from the Netherlands gained and lost some but got stuck on this barrier of hanging around same weight far too long. Guess what, changes are happening ever since I started using handy sync apps by Fitbit Flex and MFP.

Logging daily food & activities, not only travels but love a variety of food styles I am very happy and impressed with the MFP food database, if it is not one food item but consists of more trappings you can add them as a meal. Making a dish yourself no clue what the calorie intake is than add the recipe into the calculator.

The 'mobile' logging of calories intake is what sure works for me the weight is going down! No need to abstain of good food but keeping a close watch on those calories does the trick for me and use of Glycemic Index food list.

Add me if your a buddy who logs daily and want change to work for you.
  • letmebangbro
    letmebangbro Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Sup guise. Group is so inactive :(

Feelsbadman

feel free to add me <3
  • ks467
    ks467 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, im originally from kazakhstan, but live in usa. Im on a mission to get healthy, lose weight and eat clean. Im a mom of 2 kids and have at least 30lbs to lose post having kids. Would love to meet new friends and get some motivation