looking for friends training for spring marathon.

Options
closenre
closenre Posts: 225 Member
I am training for my second marathon in march and looking for friends who are also training for an upcoming race. Let me know!

Replies

• schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Kind of marathoned out but training for a 1/2 in Feb and then another 1/2 in May so I will get the marathon over two races :) (and two 5ks in between)
  • closenre
    Options
    excellent! I am running a half in feb. and the full in march. I have time goals for both but not to picky, lol.
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Which 1/2 are you doing in Feb? I am doing the Finnish Breast Cancer in Jacksonville FL. It is a full and a half and I've done each in previous years. Fun race, lots of energy.
  • closenre
    Options
    heart and sole half marathon in goldsboro nc. Its a smaller race but part of my training for the tobacco road marathon in march.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I'm running Los Angeles in mid March. It will be my 26th marathon, still trying to figure out whether or not I like the distance...
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the North Olympic Discovery Marathon on June 2nd - late spring. And I have 4 or 5 half marathons before that.
  • closenre
    Options
    I like the half more but there is something about the full.. Whats is your weekly milage?
  • lhabedank
    lhabedank Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    im doing a half in Sarasota on 3/17 and the Pittsburgh marathon in may. It will be my 2nd half and my very first full marathon...I am scared to death, lol.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    My next marathon isn't until June but I am running several half marathons, 1 in January, maybe one in February, 1 in march, maybe april, & 1 or 2 in may. I will start training to PR in the half on January and will be logging lots of long runs!
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of doing a full marathon in the summer, perhaps a half-marathon in the spring. I haven't decided yet. What are folks' time goals and weekly mileage?
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I may do a HM in the spring. I will do a 10 miler in March. It will be my 4th consecutive year running it. I may run a full in the Fall, but I'll make that decision closer to mid summer.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Hi..I started my marathon training today ( rest day LOL) for my first marathon ever in Toronto , May 5th 2013. Please feel free to add me :-)
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i'm marathonned out too! i'm not doing my next full until april 2014. but i've got a half on 17th feb (stirling sports half in auckland, nz), possibly another on 17th march (coatesville half, auckland), an assault course on 23rd march (x-race with my 6 year old), and prob a few more. feb/march is my mid-summer.
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Doing the Rock 'n' Roll marathon in DC March 16. It will be my first, but I'm hoping for a 4:00 finish. Longest training run has been 20 miles, and I'm now doing long runs every other week and bumping up my midweek mileage. Just signed up for a half marathon in Amelia Island January 19, and I'm planning to run to the start (approx 6mi.) Feel free to add me!
  • KelliW_runner
    KelliW_runner Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Louisiana Marathon (Jan 20, will be my first full)
    Rock n Roll half in DC (March 16)
    North Face Trail Marathon, Bear Mtn NY (May 4)

After that, we'll see. The Disney Wine & Dine Half in November sounds like fun. Or may try to get into the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco.
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I have charleston sc 1/2 this month. Palmetto relay in April and bay shore full marathon in may. I'll probably get talked into some other random stuff. And my tri training is suppose to start
  • CDRunner77
    Options
    I am running the Quintiles full marathon on St Patricks Day in Wilmington NC, this will be my 2nd full. I am looking for some others in training to share journey with ! 12 weeks to race day ! My goal was a sub 3:30, but had a detour in December as I was diagnosed with Colo-Rectal cancer. Missed 3 weeks of running over the holidays and gained some.

Back on the training plan this week and hoping to drop some weight and try to make my goal. But may not be realistic wtih 3 weeks off and 10 lbs added. But good to have goals !

I live in MN, we are expecting temps in the 20's in the next few days, will be nice to run in the warmth !
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    I'm running toward my second and third marathons in March. The Albany Marathon and the Georgia Marathon.
  • maliciav
    Options
    I'm training for the LA Marathon on March 17th... wish me luck and other good joo joo...
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have a 56 km ultra coming up in March. It will be the furthest I have ever run, so a bit (okay a lot) nervous as it is a tough course as well.