New to Group

Options
Been a type 2 diabetic for four years. Just got put on insulin. Hope it goes OK.

Replies

• BigG59
    BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I've only been here a few months and have found the posts informative and helpful.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

MFP has helped numerous people improve their health. I'm sure that you can find some guidance here on your journey.
  • its5pm
    its5pm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was a dagnosed as a diabetic in 1999/ On numerous oral meds and then placed on insulin last March.. After using my fitness pal since July 1st, and becoming very addicted to the app, i lost 27 pounds. I have been taken off my Insulin and 1/2 of my oral diabtic meds.. It truly is my inspiration.
  • mamajenb
    mamajenb Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I hope you find MFP to be as helpful as I have.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Peaceful,

Several months ago, due to some medical problems, I was put on prednisone (spikes blood glucose), taken off Metformin and put on insulin. I was weaned off the steroids but stayed on the insulin. I went very low carbs (<40 grams/day) to better control my BG and now have my diabetes under excellent control, with readings between 72 and 110 for most of December. For me (and others in this group), low carb is the answer. Good luck!
  • Aussielooser
    Aussielooser Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Welcome.. You will find everyone is so lovely here,,,
  • travisseger
    travisseger Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This group is made up of great people on a similar journey as yours. There is a lot of support and good advice to be found here. Congrats on your success up-to-date and best of luck to you as you continue your quest towards better health.
  • richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ive been on the plan for 2 days and my morning sugars are better than they have been for months. I was until 3 day ago on a plan with jennifer hudson for a year and half, an my morning sugar over ths summer went out of control.
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hi Rich and welcome to this group. You will find lots of encouragement here and a wealth of useful information. Take your time to read over some of the boards and when you're ready to ask questions you will find lots of people willing to help. I hope you find MFP as helpful to you as it has been for so many people in this group.