Self Improvement Reads.

Options
Looking for various reads on self improvement. Any and all topics. It's a new year resolution of mine.

Replies

• ThinWithinWin
    ThinWithinWin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well, and on the subject of good motivation for gaining and maintaining that healthy lifestyle we work so hard for, this book changed my life. I am currently rereading it: "Younger Next Year for Women". I can't recommend it strongly enough.

Oh, and happy New Year! I hope yours is inspirational!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I guess this would be considered self-improvement..I'm reading The Inflammation Syndrome by Jack Challem. The book talks about how inflammation is a major causes of diseases such as heart dises, arthritis, autoimmune disoders, diabetes and so on. It's really great with the latest research and what you can do, in easy ways, to reduce inflammation in the body.
  • viktorijandz
    viktorijandz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    'The monk who sold his 'Ferrari' by Robin Sharma is the book worth reading. :wink:
  • teachfl2
    teachfl2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for religious undertones read anything by Joyce Meyer. She is one of those authors who will tell it to you straight and truly wake you up!

If you are looking for help with relationships/love/loving yourself try anything by Iyanla Vanzant including "In the Meantime- Finding Yourself and the Love You Want."

I have read "The Mastery of Love" by Don Miguel Ruiz and I am going to read "The Four Agreements Soon."

Finally, I read a book called "Second Calling- Finding Passion and Purpose for the Res of the Your Life" by Dale Hanson Bourke- a true story from a woman who had a great family and corporate job and felt the need for something different in the second half of her life.

Hope this list helps! I try to read Self Improvement books often- I find them good for the soul!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Emotional Intelligence and Duhigg's book on habits. Both very different but great improvement books.
  • FlatTummyTrish
    FlatTummyTrish Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Brian Tracy, Jack Canfield and Paul McKennas' works have honestly changed my life it's all about changing how you think, I'm currently reading Brian Tracy's Power of Discipline and so far I feel like I've just been given an eye-opening secret to being more successful. You can check out their talks on youtube before reading books, they're all amazing :)
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Have to quote from Gretchen Reynolds' ' "The First 20 Minutes", fantastic compilation of the whys of exercise...
    ...The scientists had a large group of adults either sit completely still for seven hours, or, on a separate day, rise and walk leisurely in place for two minutes at twenty-minute intervals. On another day, they had the volunteers jog in place during their breaks. When the volunteers remained stationary for the full seven hours, their blood sugar spiked and insulin levels were out of whack. But when they broke up the hours with movement, even just a short two-minute stroll around the room, their blood sugar levels remained stable. Interestingly, jogging didn't improve blood sugar regulation any more than standing and walking did. What was important, the scientists concluded, was simply breaking up the long, interminable hours of sitting..."
  • jkbarrack
    jkbarrack Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Anything by Dale Carnegie.