TEN TIPS FOR LATE NIGHT SNACKING

Options
:bigsmile: Anyone who have ever tried to lose weight.knows the struggle when it comes to late night snacking.It's easy to stay busy during the day,but then at dark snacking comes to forefront of our minds.Even when you go to bed,you'll find yourself laying awake,dreaming of that chocolate cake.What you do with those cravings,can be the make or break point of your diet success.*Try these tips:*Don't leave the cake on the counter.throw the cake into the trash.Destroy it so that you will not be tempted to munch on a snack that can undo all of your hard work in (2)minutes.*Pop extra cookies,cupcakes,&cakes in the freezer.If you want a snack you will be forced to wait,until it thaws.Often you'll find the craving leaves in the meantime.*Jump on a treadmill&turn on a movie. *Do(50)crunches,push-ups,or squats;do(50)more.*Drink a tall glass of water.Often we confuse hunger with thirst.*Try smart snack options:Keep single serving baggies of nuts on hand.If you want chocolate,make them (100)calorie chocolated dusted nuts.It defeats your craving&add both fiber&protein.*Freeze yogurt tubes.Choose one that doesn't contain HFCS.A frozen tube takes a while to eat&satisfy any ice cream craving.Another option,make your own yogurt popsicles.*Make a snack platter of prepared fruits.Sliced strawberries,pineapple,grapes&melon;chilled.*Measure out 1serving chocolate Special K cereal,eat it in a coffee mug w/a splash of skim/soy/fat-free milk.*Don't overlook a labor intensive fruit like an orange or clementine.They take a while to peel,which will help to slow you down. **We can control our late night snacking

Replies

• RaViCa
    RaViCa Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. I know I struggle with late night snacking, especially since I get off late work at night.
  • RavishingRubbies
    Options
    you are welcome RaVica.we all struggle with it.but the most important thing is to work hard on fixing it.we can and we will :happy:
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    my late night snack after dessert is tea i drink hot tea and it helps alot try it.
  • RavishingRubbies
    Options
    i feel you momwasix.that's why i drink a lot of green tea,it's soothing,cures alot of illnesses,and it helps keep my hunger at bay.a win win solution.Green tea is loaded with antioxidants,which your body needs.Green tea is not loaded with all that caffeine,that keeps you amped up.it's so soothing and relaxing.You must try it :bigsmile: