Phase 1 - Workout 1

Options
a_new_dawn
a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
Let's get started!

Workout 1 is a 32-minute metabolic circuit training workout that you perform for the first two weeks of Phase 1. The workout consists of a short warm-up, followed by 4 circuits repeated twice and a short cool down/stretch. Each circuit consists of 4 exercises performed back-to-back with a 1-minute cardio interval before repeating the circuit again. This workout consists of the following circuits:

Circuit 1 – squats, push-ups, plank and chest fly. Cardio interval: towel runs.
Circuit 2 - sumo squats, tricep kickbacks, standing abduction (right side) and standing abduction (left side). Cardio interval: speed bags.
Circuit 3 – chair squats with front raise, tricep extensions, warrior 2 pose (right leg in front) and warrior 2 pose (left leg in front). Cardio interval: marching in place.
Circuit 4 – knee extensions (right knee), bicycle crunches, knee extensions (left knee) and lateral raises. Cardio interval: step out/step in squats.

Replies

• tpotey
    tpotey Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Starting Phase1 workout 1 Monday 12/31/2012!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Starting Phase1 workout 1 Monday 12/31/2012!

Brilliant! Go you!! Great results are there for the taking!
  • Greg3705
    Greg3705 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Today was day one. I suck a planks. Challenging but not impossible. Bring on tomorrow!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Today was day one. I suck a planks. Challenging but not impossible. Bring on tomorrow!

Great work for making a start, the first step is always the hardest!!

Practice does indeed make perfect! They will become easier, i promise. You will be AMAZED at the amount of strength and stamina you build up through these routines! Are you a newbie to Jillian workouts?
  • tpotey
    tpotey Posts: 127 Member
    Options

Great job! I'm really looking forward to starting tomorrow.
  • anetka21
    Options
    I soooo want to start this program but it hasn't came in the mail yet :_(
    in exchange I'm doing zumba today....
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    I soooo want to start this program but it hasn't came in the mail yet :_(
    in exchange I'm doing zumba today....

At least you are getting workouts in while you're waiting for it to arrive! Good job!
  • wl4good
    wl4good Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I was so sore when I went to bed last night I was worried about being able to make my workout this morning. I was still a little sore when I got up to do workout 1 this morning but after about 5 minutes of working out I felt fine. So glad I did it. Otherwise I would have waited until this evening to workout and we all know how many excuses can pop up between 8am and 6pm.
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    I was so sore when I went to bed last night I was worried about being able to make my workout this morning. I was still a little sore when I got up to do workout 1 this morning but after about 5 minutes of working out I felt fine. So glad I did it. Otherwise I would have waited until this evening to workout and we all know how many excuses can pop up between 8am and 6pm.

Well done for pushing through the discomfort and still getting your workout done! As you've discovered, keeping moving is usually the best way to ease aches and stiffness! I find that extra stretching after my workout and before bed helps too. A gentle walk or yoga session is really effective also.
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Just completed phase one work out one. Easy but still a good burn! I love that tomorrow ill get to do a different workout. I get bored and find that's when I get discouraged!
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Just completed phase one work out one. Easy but still a good burn! I love that tomorrow ill get to do a different workout. I get bored and find that's when I get discouraged!

Congrats on finishing Day 1- it's official! :smile: I too love the fact the routines change every two weeks. You really only do the same workout 4 times (except cardio of course). I'd like to encourage you to enjoy these 'easy' workouts....trust me....they get a WHOLE lot harder! I considered skipping W1&2 because I thought they were too easy - now they're a fond memory. LOL.
  • a_new_dawn
    Options

I found workouts 1 & 2 quite easy too, thanks to my previous JM workout experience and a little bit of Insanity madness. Do you have any heavier weights to increase resistance and make it slightly more challenging for yourself?
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am definitely going to savor these workouts! Easy or not I'm still feeling the burn and know that it's making a difference. I'm sure just like 30ds and ripi30 these early workouts will prepare me for what's to come. I think today was "easy" because it was a strength workout. Cardio is my weakness. Plus workout one didn't move as quickly as her other workouts which made it seem easier.
  • wl4good
    wl4good Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Monday workout in the bag. Only have to do this workout one more time:) Love how this program changes every two weeks. Definitely won't get bored.
  • rigby724
    rigby724 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just finished phase1 workout 1 and am feeling pretty dang good! :happy:
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    That's great.Me too.Ok,I started Jillian Michaels Body Revolution today for my new years resolution.Phase 1/workout 1/Day one.Yes she kicked my butt just like she said she would LOL.But that's ok.I don't want to look 50 when I turn 50 years old this summer and I don't have to.I can do this.I feel good.This is very good for my health to be in shape and stronger.
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Great workouts ladies! Hope Jillian was kind to you today! She whips your butt out of love!! :heart:
  • JABGoochie
    JABGoochie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed workout one :)
    First day today- did kick start and did w1 and c1 back to back :)
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    This is my 2nd time of doing Body Revolution.The workouts do get much harder.But they are worth it.I did get in better shape.I did not finish all of phase 3 last time.I had all my kids home for the summer break and it just didn't workout to do a program while they were home.I do want to finish this time.I'm not doing the kick start program this time or the diet.I cannot afford it.So I'm just watching the fat and sugar in my diet :smile:
  • carolina822
    carolina822 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Done. Whew.

I've been super lazy for months now, but I made it through and feel pretty good. Planks and bicycles can kiss my a** though.

Onward and downward!