Phase 1 - Cardio 1

Options
a_new_dawn
a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
Cardio 1 is a 26-minute circuit training workout that you perform twice a week for the first phase/month of the program. There is no warm-up in this workout as you immediately start into the first circuit. There is only one circuit in this workout but it is repeated three times back-t0-back and the workout ends with a short cool down/stretch. The circuit consists of 8 exercises performed for 1 minute each with no rest in between. The circuit consists of the following exercises: marching in place, hot feet, punches, jogging, running man/skiers, speed bags, kick outs with arm circles and suicides.

Replies

• wl4good
    wl4good Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This workout is only 25 minutes long, and I am embarrassed to say I had to take a few "marching in place" breaks. My endurance sucks so bad I couldn't get through it. Can't wait to see my progress towards the end of this phase:)
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    This workout is only 25 minutes long, and I am embarrassed to say I had to take a few "marching in place" breaks. My endurance sucks so bad I couldn't get through it. Can't wait to see my progress towards the end of this phase:)

As Jillian would say, at least you're showing up for your workouts! That's something to be proud of for a start! Try not to worry if you can't keep up at all times right now, your stamina and endurance will increase massively as you progress... Until then, keep moving..and keep marching in place to recover.. You got this!
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    It may only be 25 minutes, but its 25 fairly intense minutes -at least in my opinion....moves pretty fast!! Got my heart beating fast!!! :heart:
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    It may only be 25 minutes, but its 25 fairly intense minutes -at least in my opinion....moves pretty fast!! Got my heart beating fast!!! :heart:

Great! If your heart was beating fast then it means the workout is doing it's job properly! keep up the great work! :drinker:

I did cardio 1 twice yesterday as part of the kickstart routine and it made me realise how easy it is to forget to "land softly" when jumping and to"stomp" when marching it out...resulting in a little discomfort in my shins and calves. Sometimes we focus too much on trying to get every single rep in, and quite often it sacrifices form. Just a point worth remembering!
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the kick start program. I didn't get the cardio in last night so I did work out 2 and cardio this morning. I had trouble with the third arm rotation part of the kick outs. My arms were dead. But I kept moving!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    I'm doing the kick start program. I didn't get the cardio in last night so I did work out 2 and cardio this morning. I had trouble with the third arm rotation part of the kick outs. My arms were dead. But I kept moving!

Good job!

Those arms do burn a little don't they?! But well done for managing to keep moving!
  • tpotey
    tpotey Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Just finished Cardio 1, Week 1 complete!!! I am so looking forward to my rest day tomorrow.
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Just finished Cardio 1, Week 1 complete!!! I am so looking forward to my rest day tomorrow.

Very well done on completing your first week! How did you find it?
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Yes.I agree.That's great :happy:
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Starting this tomorrow and wondered if everyone is doing the additional cardio every day for the "kick start"? I plan on trying to do it if I can (time permitting) but will concentrate on doing the normal workout and then do the cardio if I have time. x
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Starting this tomorrow and wondered if everyone is doing the additional cardio every day for the "kick start"? I plan on trying to do it if I can (time permitting) but will concentrate on doing the normal workout and then do the cardio if I have time. x

I've just finished the kickstart week. I did the workouts back-to-back mid morning because I wouldn't have the time to split them into a.m. and p.m. Workouts as in the schedule.
  • JABGoochie
    JABGoochie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well C1 did get my heart rate up. It i didn't enjoy it that much tbh. Just probly coz I didn't like all the moves but that just means I'm using my body In a way I'm not used to and that WILL lead to change so that's goooooooood
  • nakaiki
    nakaiki Posts: 180 Member
    Options

I am doing back-to-back workouts early in the morning (3 to 4 am, then off to work) during the kick start phase; it is the only time I have available.
  • carolina822
    carolina822 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Just finished this up for the first time. I'm concerned that it might be a bit high impact for me but I guess I just have to slightly modify some things until I get some weight off and it doesn't hurt my foot anymore (broke it badly a couple of years ago and it still gives me trouble).

I'm tired!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Just finished this up for the first time. I'm concerned that it might be a bit high impact for me but I guess I just have to slightly modify some things until I get some weight off and it doesn't hurt my foot anymore (broke it badly a couple of years ago and it still gives me trouble).

I'm tired!

Fantastic work! To begin with, just go at your own pace and modify when needed. This isn't a race or a competition, your strength and stamina will increase in the coming weeks but for now, do what you can! These early weeks are designed to ease you in and prepare your body for the later, more intense workouts. I guarantee that even after just the first 2 weeks you will be noticing difference in your strength and stamina, it's amazing how quickly it builds up! Remember to land softly on that foot!

Good luck on your BR journey!
  • JABGoochie
    Options
    today after work is day 3 of kickstart so that means cardio one TWICE!

I didnt like it once - so not sure how im gonna manage twice thorugh back to back lol

oh well - these things are sent to try us! lol
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    today after work is day 3 of kickstart so that means cardio one TWICE!

I didnt like it once - so not sure how im gonna manage twice thorugh back to back lol

oh well - these things are sent to try us! lol

Good luck - not that you need it i'm sure! I got so sick of running man during my kickstart week! I did cardio 1 again today and it wasn't so bad, 2 days off from it was much needed!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Circuit 1 - hot feet - Jillian says "I've never been able to do that"

Do what? I never seem to catch what she's talking about!!! :huh:
  • JABGoochie
    Options
    i hate hot feet!!!
    not only do i find it a hard move to move my feet that quick but my bum fat wiggles too much! hahaha
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    i hate hot feet!!!
    not only do i find it a hard move to move my feet that quick but my bum fat wiggles too much! hahaha

I wasn't sure if I was doing it right so I checked to see if my bum was wobbling in the mirror :laugh: