1000 calories daily- Is it healthy?

How do i know my calorie requirement? Please help!! :smile:

Replies

• tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    The absolute minimum is 1200 cals, and even that is usually too low for most. Go to Home > Goals and add your current info, it will give you a rough estimate.
  • I am looking to lose more weight per week. Right now, my projected weight loss (with 1200 cal and 3-30min workouts) is only .8 pounds per week. I lowered my calories to 1100, but I'm wondering if the more healthy way is to just work out more? I don't have that much extra time, so that's why I lowered my calorie intake, but I don't want to faint, or cause my body harm!
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    you metabolism needs food!!!! you need at least 3 meals and 2 snacks a day.... if you keep your metabolism moving, you are going to lose more weight than starving
  • I honestly don't think 1200 calories is a guideline that applies to everybody, but more of a statistic that applies to most people. I honestly gain weight on 1200 calories a day (if they are mostly carbs).

I think it depends more on your size and metabolism, and no calculator can estimate it as well as trial and error do.

In case you are wondering, I do a lot of sport, I'm very fit and yet I gain weight very fast. I'm not at all underweight eating this much, but I aim for about 1000 calories, and extra to compensate for sport. With a 800 calorie base I lose about 0.2kg fat per week.

What you could do is just track how much you eat in a period that your weight stays constant, and use that as your baseline.