AMRAP - OK to skip?

jfrankic
jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
I'm about to finish stage 1 and the AMRAP workouts are next. Do you do them? Is there any benefit other than showing you how far you've come from your starting weights? I know I've gotten alot stronger and have at least doubled all of my weights. I started squatting a 50# bar and am now squatting 105#, deadlift went from 50# to 125#, ie. I have one more of each workout left to do. I don't need to see to the increase in reps for motivation and the thought of doing one set of a bunch of deadlifts doesn't get me excited.

I'm thinking I will skip and move on to Stage 2.....unless someone has insight on something I'll be missing out on.

Thanks!

Replies

• zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    I skip them.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    I did the A workouts AMRAP and was amazed at how far I'd come, but also thought it was kind of silly, and skipped the B AMRAP.
  • sandyswims
    sandyswims Posts: 25 Member
    I skipped them as well. I don't feel like I missed out on anything because of it.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Thanks gals. This is what I was hoping!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Nice work! You are strong!!! I skipped them too :)
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    I tried doing them but after doing 75 squats and still not feeling tired, I skipped the rest. I followed the book and used the same weight as my first workout so obviously I was much stronger. I got bored and said to heck with it.