welcome

hay fellas and ladies!, i would like to say thanks for checking this out. i m a dedicated and successful hunter. i welcome you to leave post here bout your success and post wild game recipes as well. tips and tricks are also welcome. i dont want any slander though, if it gets crazy it gets deleted.

i will also encourage you to invite others that u know are sportsmen/women that share our interest.

thanks,
matt

Replies

• ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    You didn't welcome the ladies? :laugh: :drinker:
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Where the hell is everyone? Hunting season is over:sad: I thought there would be a lot of people bragging it up in here. I bagged a huge White Tail this year. Well it was huge to me. :happy:

Just wrap all wild meat in bacon :wink:
  • BigMike915
    BigMike915 Posts: 112 Member
    Checking in. I am a hunter/sportsman from Georgia. My passion is rabbit hunting, although I love deer hunting as well. I love eating wild game!
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Hey Guys-
    Got an 8 point this year- 7 lbs bass through the ice as well as a northern on 4lb test lol that was fun!! Been a good year all the way around....dont get into the waterfowl but like grouse -just didnt go this year unfortunately....

greased pan
    rice
    1 cup water
    1 large can cream mushroom
    onion
    1tbls butter
    salt and pepper
    1 can green beans
    1 pheasant/grouse/rabbit/chicken/vension steaks
    tinfoil the top
    bake at 325 for 40 min or until rice tender
    can also add little bit of cheese to the top for the last few minutes - enjoy :)
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Great recipe Mistyblu! I had venison stew last night.

This year I got an antelope in August and an elk just before Thanksgiving. I had an archery tag for deer also, but I wasn't successful with that hunt. Because I drew all these tags this year I probably won't be big game hunting again for a while, ha! It will be 5 years before I can put in for an antelope again and ten for elk. The deer tag I end up drawing every other year, usually.

Other than that I hunt coyotes a lot and rabbits are an ongoing hunt with living on a farm. :)
  • dukslayer4051
    dukslayer4051 Posts: 66 Member
    im going goose hunting in the am!

i love goose in the crockpot, some rice and carrots and onions...season with ajus! tasty!
  • dukslayer4051
    tonight, duck n jalapeonos wrapped with bacon and stuffed with cream cheese! bake untill bacon is crispy! 350
  • dukslayer4051
    i had a good year this year,biggest fish was a 50# king off the oregon coast on a diy trip i do every summer, i got a 5*5 bull elk archery, and a 6*7 whitetail...archery...
  • Mistyblu08
    Great recipe Mistyblu! I had venison stew last night.

This year I got an antelope in August and an elk just before Thanksgiving. I had an archery tag for deer also, but I wasn't successful with that hunt. Because I drew all these tags this year I probably won't be big game hunting again for a while, ha! It will be 5 years before I can put in for an antelope again and ten for elk. The deer tag I end up drawing every other year, usually.

Other than that I hunt coyotes a lot and rabbits are an ongoing hunt with living on a farm. :)

would love to hunt the bigger game but would take a road trip- one of these days :)
    Archery - I had one ....I thought...but coyotes got to him before I could- they are thick around here....another one of those things I need to start hunting :).....rabbits we raise for food so dont really need to hunt them until they start to eat out of my garden :)
  • Mistyblu08
    tonight, duck n jalapeonos wrapped with bacon and stuffed with cream cheese! bake untill bacon is crispy! 350

mmmm that sounds really good!!! gonna have to try that!! :)
  • Mistyblu08
    i had a good year this year,biggest fish was a 50# king off the oregon coast on a diy trip i do every summer, i got a 5*5 bull elk archery, and a 6*7 whitetail...archery...

Niiiiice :)