LOW CARB DIET AND FORUM

Options
The low carb diet,benefits of a low-carb diet,weight loss,improved triglycerides,reduced blood gluclose for diabetic,and pre-diabetes,increased HDL(good)cholestrol,improved insulin sensitivity,decreased blood pressure,lower blood insulin levels,and less muscle mass loss.*You'll have increased energy,cravings for sweets will be gone or much less,no brain fog,improved mood,compulsive or emotional eating gone,improved dental health/hygeine.**The diet-Just reduce carbohydrates.Reduce or eliminate added sugars and other refined carbohydrates.No white foods,which means eliminating sugar,white flour,white rice and potatoes from your diet.*Find the best amount of carbohydrates for yourself.Reduce carbohydrates to a fairly low level and then gradually adding carbohydrates ,until they are adverse effects.Such as:weight loss ceases,weight gain occurs,carb cravings return,blood glucose control diminishes,and blood triglycerides rise.Then you would reduce carbohydrates intake a bit from that point.

Replies

• Rlbf7
    Rlbf7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    this is deep....I can actually read topics....I'm on my daughters kindle...lol...thanks for the info...
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I'm actually doing low carb my macronutrients are 50 fat 30 carb 20 protein. When lowering carbs you have to up your fats cause fats supress the insulin levels and keeps you fuller while your protein intake prevent muscle loss.
  • RavishingRubbies
    Options
    GETTING STARTED ON THE LOW-CARB DIET:Low carb eating can be healthy or not,balanced or not,and there is certainly no reason for it to be boring.In general,low-carb diets tend to improve blood lipids,in high cholestrol.A high trigylceride level is a risk level for heart disease and stroke.Having a low-carb diet causes high-trigylceride levels to fall.*HDL(Good)Cholestrol protects against heart disease.*LDL(Bad)Cholestrol is reduced on a low-carb diet.CARBS=SUGAR.*Unfortunately,most of the carbohydrates we eat are sugar.Starches/Complex Carbohydrates are not broken slowly in our bodies.Most carbs,in fact are digested rapidly.Whole wheat flour is almost as gylcemic as whole flour.,though it is much more nutritious.**The best foods: Non-starchy vegetables,low sugar fruits and legumes.*When choosing whole grains,eat whole intact grains.Eat whole grains such as: rice,barley,quiona,bulgur,and etc..*Eat plenty of fiber.Fiber is a good thing.Seek out sources of insoluble fiber(vegetables,and fermentable fiber(soluble fiber) resistant starch.Including legumes in our diets is a good idea.And probably experimenting with cooking with resistant starches,such as flax meal bread with added resistant starch.
  • SGRHO23
    SGRHO23 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great information ladies.